KRDG Kidding thread late 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jubillee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  2. Peach kidded a bit ago. 3 bucks.
    Laid down, bubble came and popped...and a brown tail and rump came out...(doh). Got in there and couldn't get the back legs up...husband went in and pulled out 2 white front legs...the head was tucked down to the side. Took a good hour to manipulate it up and out. Phew. Gave her some time, she wasn't getting the others out. Husband went back in, felt that brown little rump again and pulled both back legs. He was dead. I think his cord got severed while trying to maneuver them. Two feet popped out and he pulled those and the spotted buck came out.

Peach doing ok, keeping a close eye on her. It was pretty hard on her. But she was cleaning and nursing her boys.

peach boys.jpg peach kid 1.jpg peach kid 2.jpg

3. billiejw89

billiejw89 Well-Known Member

4. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    I’m sorry you lost one of the boys. I’m so glad peach is ok though poor thing. That was a rough delivery for all of you.
    The two remaining boys are adorable. The white ones ears are so long, I’m used to nigie ears but those long ones are so cute!

Feira426 likes this.
  5. Thanks, all is well so far. Peachy is doing good...just swollen.

Lulu is in labor today! Early labor at the moment but progressing.

20210224_081643.jpg 20210224_081913.jpg

GoofyGoat, SandyNubians and Feira426 like this.
  6. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Cmon Luna!
    Textbook birth! I can’t wait to see those roan floppy eared babies!
    Best of Luck!

Feira426 likes this.
  7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the boys. Sorry you lost one.
    Happy kidding for Luna

GoofyGoat likes this.
  8. Lulu kidded around noon today! Single doeling. Easy kidding. She is doing great and baby is doing well and gorgeous. Ears for DAYS and a little heart on her nose! I'm pretty positive Ruger is her sire but she will be tested for sure.

We are all DONE, well, Until the end of March, we have lots of lambs coming, 6 ewes pregnant!
    20210224_121521_HDR.jpg 20210224_122845_HDR.jpg 20210224_132049.jpg 20210224_132054.jpg

9. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    Oh wow, such a beautiful baby!!! Good job Luna. Good job to you too, Jubillee! So glad it went smoothly.

Jubillee likes this.
  10. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Awwwwwww! Long floppy ears and long legs to match! What a gorgeous baby girl! Awesome job Luna. Congratulations to you both.

Jubillee likes this.
  11. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Congrats on all the kids! Sorry you lost the one boy :(

Lulus girl is gorgeous! Big long ears like her mama! That heart cute too:inlove:

Jubillee and GoofyGoat like this.
  12. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

They are all so beautiful! Congratulations to you and the moms!

I notice you really give their rear ends a good shave. I did my girls today in preparation for kidding, but I didn't go any where near that much. Do you do that for sanitary reasons or is it something else?

Jubillee and Iluvlilly! like this.
  13. Kass

Kass Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Lisbon Falls ME
    Lambs are fun! I have a friend that raises sheep... so far this spring they have over 20 lambs on the ground, with a few more ewes to go! I was actually there for a lambing. The 4th one was breech, thats how she knew it was a ram

GoofyGoat and Jubillee like this.
  14. Yes...they tend to get the stuff in their hair and tail and it hardens and is so hard to clean out of the hair.

MellonFriend and GoofyGoat like this.
  15. hahahaha no doubt!! Ours have been great in that we wake up...and there are new lambs on the ground haha.

GoofyGoat likes this.
  16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California