The Goat Spot Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Peach kidded a bit ago. 3 bucks.
Laid down, bubble came and popped...and a brown tail and rump came out...(doh). Got in there and couldn't get the back legs up...husband went in and pulled out 2 white front legs...the head was tucked down to the side. Took a good hour to manipulate it up and out. Phew. Gave her some time, she wasn't getting the others out. Husband went back in, felt that brown little rump again and pulled both back legs. He was dead. I think his cord got severed while trying to maneuver them. Two feet popped out and he pulled those and the spotted buck came out.

Peach doing ok, keeping a close eye on her. It was pretty hard on her. But she was cleaning and nursing her boys.

peach boys.jpg
peach kid 1.jpg
peach kid 2.jpg

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I’m sorry you lost one of the boys. I’m so glad peach is ok though poor thing. That was a rough delivery for all of you.
The two remaining boys are adorable. The white ones ears are so long, I’m used to nigie ears but those long ones are so cute!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Lulu kidded around noon today! Single doeling. Easy kidding. She is doing great and baby is doing well and gorgeous. Ears for DAYS and a little heart on her nose! I'm pretty positive Ruger is her sire but she will be tested for sure.

We are all DONE, well, Until the end of March, we have lots of lambs coming, 6 ewes pregnant!
20210224_121521_HDR.jpg
20210224_122845_HDR.jpg
20210224_132049.jpg
20210224_132054.jpg

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,058 Posts
They are all so beautiful! Congratulations to you and the moms!

I notice you really give their rear ends a good shave. I did my girls today in preparation for kidding, but I didn't go any where near that much. Do you do that for sanitary reasons or is it something else?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
They are all so beautiful! Congratulations to you and the moms!

I notice you really give their rear ends a good shave. I did my girls today in preparation for kidding, but I didn't go any where near that much. Do you do that for sanitary reasons or is it something else?
Yes...they tend to get the stuff in their hair and tail and it hardens and is so hard to clean out of the hair.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Lambs are fun! I have a friend that raises sheep... so far this spring they have over 20 lambs on the ground, with a few more ewes to go! I was actually there for a lambing. The 4th one was breech, thats how she knew it was a ram
hahahaha no doubt!! Ours have been great in that we wake up...and there are new lambs on the ground haha.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I just caught up. Congratulations on all the kids. They are all gorgeous! :inlove::goatrun::inlove::rungoat::inlove:Sorry you had a rough delivery and lost one. Glad all the moms are well.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Thanks. They're all growing like weeds. I'll have to update some pics later today. Now we anxiously await lambs! We are getting the cutest little polled ram from my friend, to use late this year! He is the brown and white one!

ram.jpg

ram2.jpg

181 - 200 of 200 Posts