KRDG Kidding thread late 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jubillee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. 13 days (roughly) until the first babies come!! Time flies much faster when you're busy LOL. We are putting up kidding pens Sunday! Ladybug is up first and day 145 is Thanksgiving day! I doubt she will go that early but I'll be watching. Her ligaments have gotten much softer already and she's been building her new little udder!

These boys...phew. Actually, it's just ONE boy now, but my gosh, I find him in the doe pen almost every day. Driving me insane. All are confirmed bred...so IDK what his deal is. I have a list of priorities that have to be done first before I can fix the buck pen with taller fencing. He's lucky I don't immediately sell him. LOL.

Some pics of the giant bellies! I am thinking Mercy has 3...her udder started around 6 weeks left and has gotten quite big already. I and thinking Ladybug has 3 as well...her udder started right about the same time (she's a FF) and is getting there. But she is quite large and she has 50/50 mini-Nubians in there...so smaller kids. Calla I am thinking 2. Her udder JUST started filing a little at 3 weeks away for her.

No noticeable changes on the other the but they are just hitting 60 days this week. So nothing was expected.

AND all the sheep got bred within 2 weeks so we have 6-7 ewes due the last week of March/beginning of April!

Mercy Lou last week!
    124750618_3263614493765731_2063247692425809031_n.jpg

Ladybug (last week) on the right. Cleo is on the left but she is sold awaiting her new home.
    124377946_3263613333765847_6734867253394906451_n.jpg

Calla on left - Mercy on right
    124340165_3263610263766154_5484021540880706275_n.jpg

All the girls early last week (except Lulu was right under my feet as usual LOL)
    124394950_3263611740432673_7162602474067835795_n.jpg

And Lulu looking like a Covergirl mag pic with her ears flying LOL
    124615633_3263609157099598_2097384015891150608_n.jpg

2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Beautiful does! I love the magazine cover girl!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhh I love dat LULU! All your does are gorgeous! Ive always loved grays, blue roans, or dapple gray on animals
    So Lulu just catches.my eye!

Jubillee and MadHouse like this.
  5. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    How exciting! They are all looking great.

Let me just say...Lulu's ears, I LOVE them!
    She is so beautiful! (Don't tell the other girls I said that! They are very pretty too! Lol)

6. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    They look amazing! I can’t wait for baby pics! :)
    (I’ve always been partial to ladybug shush ;) ) Don’t tell though they’re all gorgeous in my book.

7. Blue roans are my favorite too! And she came out a perfect blue roan with her black points! Always looks like she's wearing boots haha. You have to watch that girl, she still thinks she's itty bitty and likes to jump on you when your hands are full of feed.......LOL

They are SOOOOO long. I was trying to find a pic I took recently where they were hanging so perfect and looked forever long, I'll have to post when I find it.

I'm pretty partial to Ladybug too haha. THough the feeling isn't entirely mutual it seems. BUt I have a feeling after kidding she'll be like all the other girls...under my feet lol. I'm really looking forward to her kids!

8. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    Oh boy! So exciting. I’m most excited about Peaches, of course, but I love Shiloh and Calla too... and actually it’s just exciting all around! Lol. Since you’ve had such a rough time with your bucks lately I think you’re due a super easy kidding season!! Fingers crossed. :)

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  9. I was absolutely thrilled with Peachy's udder this year. I sure hope we have easy kiddings. Early this year was a rough go with kiddings. First time ever. But hey...its 2020 sooo......lol. I'm just praying we dont have night kiddings. We havent had one yet but praying not this year. We are making the kidding pens out in the main pen...and its really dark out there lol. Plus now cold at night. But I have a feeling somone os gonna do it lol.

10. 1 week out! Just got the kidding pens set up and my supplies all ready. Day 142 for Ladybug, 136 for Mercy and 133 for Calla!

Bug's ligaments have softened a good bit and her udder has been filling...soon we shall have babies :D

20201123_132715.jpg

11. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh my goodness..would you look at those.pretty does & big udders! So nice! Cant wait to see those hostages! :neat:

12. Went to check on the girls since the hubby fed for me this morning.

Ladybug (145) def making some good changes. She's a FF so I dont know her ways. But shes been standing around a lot and staring...actinf different today...ligs are low low and really really soft. She was hiling her tail funky for a bit but I sat and watched her for 15 minutes and nothing but standing around. So probably just some pre-pre-labor getting ready stuffs.

My pics wont upload for some reason..boo. I cant tell if shes dropoed...looks like shes gotten hunchy. I wasnt expecting her to be earlyish at all...and she still may not be.

13. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Wow your girls look Really Really nice! They all look so healthy! Hope the kidding is easy and you get all the ones you want. So exciting....cant wait!:waiting:

Jubillee and MadHouse like this.
  14. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    So exciting!! I hope everything goes smoothly. Keep us updated!!

15. Getting closer today...I'm not quite sure what's happening so keeping a close eye. I think we are 147 today? She's pretty high rumped, with ligaments I can barely feel...I thought they were gone but she's not quite mushy enough for me and when she moved I caught a feel of them super duper soft and very wide and low. But last year Mercy kidded 2 hours after ligs disappeard all while having every other sign. I feel like her udder has filled a bit more...but IDK. I'll go back out in a while after she's finished breakfast and see if I can determine.

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is really getting soft back there, you are right, her tail is showing it big time.

17. This is her this morning. After observing her a bit...I dont think it's today...but she's def gearing up for sure. I can see her udder from the side now where as yesterday I couldn't, so its filling. Shes mostly just standing around chewing cud...nothing else so I don't think today really. She's a FF so I really don't know her patterns. We have to leave dor a dew hours today so I was trying to make sure I was good to go lol. I may put her in the kid pen while we are gone.

20201128_101717.jpg 20201128_075749.jpg

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  19. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Keep us posted! Its getting closer! :clapping:

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.