KRDG Kidding thread late 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jubillee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Looks like we might have babies within a few hours. Her udder has gotten tight and teats filled this morning. The little I could feel of ligs (she doesnt let me) seemed to be mushy. Babies dropped a lot and I have her in the pen...yawning, grinding teeth, breathing heavy, and licking me...which is very off personality for her.

20201130_125652_HDR.jpg

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Ooooo so exciting! I hope the weather's nice down in Texas for you. We are in for a major cold snap here in NC.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  4. :waiting:

Still waiting. Not acting the least bit in labor though I saw a random contraction a bit ago. Her ligs and body are all sunken in...udder is bigger and teats are way bigger and filled...so anytime now really. It will be 30 degrees tonight (55 right now) so I HAVE to go out every hour and chexk. I dont want to let wet babies stay in that. But im too cold and tired to sit all night with her. Pray they come soon!!

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    How is she doing? How are you?

MadHouse likes this.
  6. I go sit with her for about 30 minutes at a time and other than her groaning, nothing. She looks a bit more sunken in and steep rumped...udder hasn't filled anymore but is tight. Will check her again in 2 hours.

7. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    Any baby Ladybugs pop out last night?

8. This morning around 7am.

I went out at 11:30, 2:30, and my husband at 5am...nothing all that time. I could only sit for maybe 20 minutes as it was cold! Went out at 7:30 to feed and saw her licking something and went over and saw 3 babies. She had just had the third a few minutes before. 2 does and a buck! Everything great, placenta passed and babies fed. She wouldnt feed them but would clean them. It was too cold for me to try to get them latched and they were shovering so I'm bottling. Which is ok because I need to stand train her...

I think one of the girls has contracted tendons. Ive never had that. Gave all selenium anyway but they are tight on her. Just splint and wrap right?

20201201_100919.jpg 20201201_094027.jpg 20201201_081720.jpg 20201201_075201.jpg

9. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

They are so adorable!!! I don't know anything about contracted tendons. What does that mean?

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. Shes walking on her 'wrists' if that makes sense. When I try to bend her feet back its tight.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  12. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Definitely need to do some physical therapy on the legs.

13. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Sooo sweet! Congratulations! :inlove:
    Hope you will get her legs working right.

Moers kiko boars and Jubillee like this.
  14. Thanks. I thought we had vetwrap but the human kids must have used it all...so the husband is picking some up and she will be good to go soon!

They are doing great. Mama has been yelling for them. She still won't nurse but will care for them. So she has them now and I'll bottle while we try to get them nursing if we can. If not...she can keep up with them and we'll just go out for feedings. It's much warmer now so they're bonding.

15. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

That’s different, wanting to care for them but not let them nurse?
    Maybe her udder/teats are sore?

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  16. Ana

Ana Active Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Gallatin TN
    That is funny happy kidding! I have mini Nubians due in early December as well!

17. I'm not sure. The only time I had that happen was last year, a FF had a congested udder. But her udder didn't seem to be congested or in pain. I'll be milking her again (another rodeo....those FFs lol) this evening and we'll see. She just keeps moving away. I'm going to have my husband hold her and I'll try to put the babies on and see if she'll realize it's not a big deal. She does seem like she is having residual birth pains maybe. She was moaning still off and on. So I'm keeping an eye on her.

18. Some fluffy dried off pics...still wobbly on the legs. They are a loud bunch lol...but very vigorous and on the go. We are keeping the one with the wrapped legs and the other two will go as bottle babies most likely.

K7D_9719.jpg K7D_9724.jpg K7D_9734.jpg K7D_9743.jpg K7D_9746.jpg K7D_9751.jpg

19. Kass

Kass Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Lisbon Falls ME
    They are so cute! I'm glad you had a smooth kidding.

20. And a recent pic of Mercy, she's due in 6 days. A nice little break and then more babies :)

mercy.jpg