KRDG Kidding thread late 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jubillee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    They are soo pretty. You did good. Triplets...thats alot for a FF. Man she did Great!

goatblessings, Feira426 and Jubillee like this.
  2. All on her own! She's a good girl! At least they were smaller babies for her FF, esp being 3. She will be 2 in Feb, I heard that those bred after a year old tend to throw multiples more and those that are bred at or just under a year usually singles. :shrug: I believe she was a triplet herself too. Either way, it's fun!

3. Awww and she is nursing them now! Yay. I think she just needed some bonding time with them. She's being such a good mama. I think it helped to get their bellies full first and then let them get to know each other. Phew. I didn't REALLY want to bottle feed lol.

4. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

5. MadHouse

Oh, that’s fantastic!

Moers kiko boars and Jubillee like this.
  6. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Shes a :great: Doe. 1st time mama with triplets..& feeding all 3! Thats AWESOME!:neat:

Jubillee and MadHouse like this.
  7. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    Aww, they’re so cute!!! And an easy birth all by herself, very nice! Congratulations!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Very cute!

10. Mercy is at 147 I think today...due Monday...so yea...

Send some Sunday or beyond vibes to her...I am going to be gone tomorrow and I don't want to cancel my plans. She was pretty soft in the ligaments today and they spread way far. Her udder tonight had filled more and looked like her teats were starting to fill out. Last year she kidded on her due date so that's what I was expecting. But...doe code...kid when the human has plans. Hoping I go out in the morning and nothing new. I may toss her in the kid pen while I'm gone just in case. But here is her update pic...and you can see her udder is filling out more. She's getting close!

And her daughter Lulu is already getting a BIG belly and barely 70 days. I'm wondering if she's being a piggy with the food cause the other 70 day girls are NOT that big at all. Not really a noticeable difference.

Look past our mud pit...we've had a lot of rain...I despise this time of year when it's rain, mud, and cold. Yuck.

mercylu.jpg merc udder.jpg

11. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Wow, beautiful udder! I bet she's going to have some great looking kids.

12. MadHouse

That exactly what I was thinking!

13. Thanks! She had a beautiful FF udder last year...I'm excited to see what it will be like this year. That's about what it was like maybe mid-lactation last year...so we shall see! She does make beautiful kids...or rather has made a beautiful kid (the one in my profile) as she only had a single last year lol. This is probably my most exciting (to me) kidding this whole season. A doeling will be staying if she has one...hopefully not all bucks this year *fingers crossed*.

14. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

I shall send as many pick thoughts as I can to you. Let's see... Bubblegum, most pigs, flamingos, Firby... :kid3::kid3::kid3: :haha:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. So we have some progress today. The udder is filling..the foreudder has really been filling. Shes mushy in the ligaments but they are still barely there but spread waaaayyyy apart. However last year was the same issue with her..and they fully left 2 hours before she kidded. You can see she's pretty hollowed at the ligs and her spine has been popping up today. So either they are dropping or they dropped and she has so much baby it didnt make that much difference lol. I'm pretty positive she has 2 but thinking 3. She was barely looking pregnant last year with one.

Shes been eating all morning. Mine rarely go off feed on kidding days so I don't go by that. But i noticed her tail was gunky and am thinking shes had some goo recently. I'm just checking on her every couple hours and we shall see. If its not today I'm betting tomorrow for sure (her due date).

And Ladybug and the babies are out mingling with the herd...the babies love all the extra space to run and jump now lol.

20201206_104442_HDR.jpg 20201206_103801_HDR.jpg

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. MadHouse

19. No babies yet. But she's definetly having things happening. I'd love for it not to be overnight...but probably will lol...yay goats.

20. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Good luck! Sending birthing prayers for it to be easy, have healthy kidds, and mom has an easy.time!

MadHouse likes this.