KRDG Kidding thread late 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jubillee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. :waiting:(doh)

IDK when she will kid. Her ligaments have been so sunk in and mushy and gone. Her udder is going to explode if much more fills. It did fill more though. She has some signs occasionally. At 5:30am we saw a good size glob of goo...10:30 she was pawing for about 10 minutes, then the rest of the day standing and moaning or laying and moaning. Not much else.

mercy2.jpg

And just cause it's such a cute pic...poor Ladybug is a jungle gym for her kids lol.

LB.jpg kids1.jpg

2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Ladybug and kids are soo cute!!!
    Any kids from Mercy yet? It is almost 12 hours from the goo you saw this am.

3. They are fun...they run all over the pen when we let them out for the day. I love watxhing all their hippty hops and kicks lol.

I just checked on here right now. She was standing with her ears back...then went to eating but was a bit more vocal. But....her legs are super posty...stick straight and walking stiff legged. I'm about to go out in maybe 30 minutes and sit and observe for a bit.

The goo was maybe an inch of opaque stuff that was gone shortly after. So mucous plug maybe? I'm trying to decide when I need to check her. But since she's gotten very posty...I'm going to watch for a bit and see if we are making progress. Of course it dark and cold now...yay.

4. MadHouse

I bet it will happen tonight. Happy kidding!

5. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Poor girl! That udder looks like it could be popped with a pin. Sounds promising for tonight! Hopefully she goes soon so you don't have to be out there too long or she waits just a bit longer. Stay warm! Cold (almost)winter kiddings are miserable:lolgoat:

6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

:up: Wow, I think that's got to be one of the fullest udder I've ever seen! I hope she goes soon!

Moers kiko boars, MadHouse and Kass like this.
  7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    How is she? Any kidds yet?

MadHouse likes this.
  8. Went out at 6:45ish this morning and believe it or not, her udder was even fuller. The first time I've seen a 'shiny' udder. She has a long string of goo, ligs were way more sunk and she was having visible contractions. Had her kids about 9am. She had buck/doe twins. Boy is the black one. Had to work him out a bit but the girl was half out by the time I got my gloves changed and back there to check.

The boy I'm having to work with Mercy didnt want to nurse so they're getting colostrum and then staying with mom til she calms down and allows them to nurse. He hasnt fully stood yet. Hes had selenium and bcomplex. I brought him in and warmed him though he wasnt super cold.

He will lay here like hes just giving up on life but when I mess with him, he will bump all over me looking for milk. I give him the bottle and he takes a few sucks and doesnt want it...ideas?

Here is Kessel Run Merciful King and Kessel Run Merciful Selah (retained)
    20201208_094514_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Feira426, Ashlynn, Iluvlilly! and 3 others like this.
  9. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Awww they are adorable. I check mine for parrot mouth or cleff palate if they dont want to suckle. Then I give them Nutri Drench. That gives them a boost.

10. I stuck my finger in there and didnt feel anything...or is there a better way? I didnt see when I looked. He did just take a few more ounces. Hes on his feet now....thankfully. My daughter is working with him to be more stable. Im going to get more colostrum in him and take him back to mom...but shes not wanting to nurse them yet....

11. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Usually when you really look..you can see it, and definately feel it. Sounds like he is ok, just a slow start for him. Hope Mom gets more willing to nurse. Good.luck! Beautiful kidds!

12. MellonFriend

That is so sad!

They are adorable!!! I hope you can get them to nurse from mom soon.

13. He's doing much better. Maybe the bcomplex woke his brain up more. He's had a good amount of milk already and is getting stronger on his feet. They're resting with mama now and I'll check them in a bit!

20201208_104957.jpg 20201208_105522_HDR.jpg 20201208_110532_HDR.jpg

14. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh they are ADORABLE! Hope he continues getting stronger! Congrats!

Jubillee and MadHouse like this.
  15. MadHouse

Sooo sweet! :inlove:
    Glad he is getting stronger and drinking!

Moers kiko boars and Jubillee like this.
  16. Oh how I've missed babies haha. I just love those little nuzzles while holding them. The boy is so beautiful but I do not need another buck LOL. Esp when I have his daddy who I don't intend to move on.

Calla is due Thursday and then a nice break until February! My human kids are glad for milk again hahaha. Well, in a couple of weeks when the taste regulates.

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Awww! They are both adorable! Glad to hear the little boy is doing better. Hopefully he has a nice full belly when you check on him!

19. MellonFriend

Wow, they are so big already!

20. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ok..ok Im jealous.:bonk:..because I dont have babies.yet....And I am soo looking forward to them. ! But Im enjoying ALL of you guys until I get some:heehee:
    :squish:

Iluvlilly!, Jubillee and MadHouse like this.