KRDG Kidding thread late 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Jubillee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Awww LuLu all grown up. She is still so pretty! And your jersey is a doll. Congrats..your getting to where.you want to be. Cant wait to see the results from the minerals!

MadHouse and Jubillee like this.
  2. Well only because a dear sweet friend close by wants to share in the upfront order. I'm so thankful because otherwise...ouch. I have a couple babies leaving for their new homes this month so they will be paying for that haha. But I really am excited for it to work and not have to deal with trying to balance everything.

3. And I forgot to say, we had a friend offer to run electricity to our milk barn! No more milking by dim lantern light haha! It's amazing how wonderful it is to have electricity out there. Now I dont have to drag my stanchion all the way up by the house to do shavings and we can have a fan in there in the summer!! Last summer the hubs and I would be dripping sweat with the humidity and heat while milking...it was not fun lol.

4. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Wow, all great news!
    :neat:

Jubillee and Moers kiko boars like this.
  5. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Wow, sounds like everything’s coming together for you. I love your new cow she’s very pretty.
    Congrats!
    I’ll be interested to see how your mineral situation plays out. Please keep us updated.

6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Hey @Jubillee, have you gotten your individual mineral kit yet? If so how's it been working for you?

7. Hahaha I JUST got my order today!! We are building the feeder Sunday and so hopefully then they will be started on it!! 22 bags of minerals lol.

20210205_132955.jpg

8. MellonFriend

So cool! It's going to be fun to open them all up and see what they all look like.

9. And we have the last 3 girls due in 2 weeks! Time to start getting things ready again. Shiloh and Lulu have the cutest little baby udders!

I'll get better pics of coats...but you can see Shiloh and Lulu have been dealing with coat issues. We have battled copper even with bolusing and replamin for the last few months. In the summer everyone was sleek and shiny. I will be glad if I am able to stop trying to balance minerals all the time!

20210205_083620.jpg 20210205_083623.jpg 20210205_083645.jpg

And all babies have gone home except Calla's daughter who leaves 1st of March with Shiloh. Mocha and Selah stay here!

Zinnia - Calla's girl - mini-Nubian

20210205_083703.jpg

Selah - Mercy's girl - PB Nubian
    20210205_083710.jpg

Mocha - Ladybug's girl - Mini-Nubian
    20210205_083711.jpg

10. Sunday or Monday I will post a pic of them all in the feeder. It will be interesting to watch what they go through the most at different times.

11. MellonFriend

I can't believe how fast you babies got big!

12. They are 7-9 weeks now I believe. They are big haha. They don't feel AS big to me but I'm sure when the new babies come, these guys will feel like monsters HAHA.

MadHouse, GoofyGoat, Feira426 and 2 others like this.
  13. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Such Beauties! Does & kidds! Its going to be really interesting to follow you about the mineral useage. Especially next year to compare your kidd crop to previouse years. Its all exciting!

MadHouse and GoofyGoat like this.
  14. We have ONE week left! We are day 142 for all 3 today. Peach usually kids day 147/148 so I'm expecting Fri/Sat for her. She is already REALLY soft in the ligs. She hasn't started filling heavy, she tends to just double overnight then fill really good the first week. Lulu has gotten big, she may just have a couple but I bet it's just one. I didn't get a pic of Shiloh, but her and lulu have the cutest little udders currently.

Hopefully, the cold will be gone this weekend...it's supposed to be, or rather the bitter cold like now.

20210210_134632_HDR.jpg 20210210_135703.jpg

15. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    So exciting! Glad they’re not due right now. This weather is terrible for kidding!

MadHouse, GoofyGoat and Jubillee like this.
  16. We are here...surviving. The snow was falling heavily when we went to feed/milk. My human kids were so excited. We are having to haul hot water every 2-3 hours to make sure they all have enough. Otherwise, they are good, have lots of hay constantly and seem to be warm. The girls won't come out of their shelter...I had to practically drag 2 of the 3 milkers. Calla didn't care about the snow...she wanted that grain lol. Ladybug and Mercy hated the snow. According to the forecast...it should be warmer by Friday...just in time for kidding lol.

20210215_072335.jpg 20210215_072508.jpg 20210215_074333.jpg 20210215_074632.jpg
    20210215_074738_HDR.jpg

17. Day 144 for these girls. Lulu's ligs have dropped but still hard, same for Shiloh. Peaches are hard to find, barely found the top of them. Very soft and dropped low. She's posty and rumpy too. Normally kids 147/148 so watching her closer. No udder growth in anyone, maybe a touch in Peach. I imagine they will the day or two before. Lulu's udder looks so little here but she's got a lot of substance under there, it overflows my hand.

Peachy

peach.jpg

Lulu and Selah there, had to pee right when I took the pic of course lol.
    lulu.jpg

Lulu udder, very much like her dam's FF udder and how it started

lulu udder.jpg

Shiloh

shiloh.jpg

Shiloh udder

shiloh udder.jpg

And baby Zinnia - Calla's baby - about 8-9 weeks old now

zinni.jpg

And Selah - 10 weeks now! I didn't get Mocha cause she kept running from me LOL

selah.jpg

18. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    What beautiful pictures!! Our place looks a lot like yours. We got super dry snow, so the wind was blowing it around a lot - in some places, the snow drifts must have been a foot deep! I love walking through it.

Peachy looks close!! How exciting. I can’t wait to see all your kids!

MadHouse and GoofyGoat like this.
  19. Welp...day 146 for them all. Came out to goo hanging on Peach (not a ton). Her ligs were very hard to find, but I barely found them. No mushiness or fully raised tailhead so I know she is not in labor currently. And her udder hasn't filled. I can't tell if it's in the process of filling cause it was fluffy this morning from the cold. I'll check in a bit when it warms up and their fluff lays down LOL. BUT I anticipate her to be on track for tomorrow or Sat like she always is. I'm guessing this is some mucous plug goo...pre-labor stuff. She did have a touch of goo last week too. I've never seen it before kidding day in previous years.

Lulu and Shiloh's ligs have dropped super low, there's so much room there, but they're still hard. But Lulu def has some udder filling!

20210218_080653_HDR.jpg 20210218_080922.jpg