The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my boer is due to have her babies now or next weeks depending on when she got bred, this evening I noticed a clear light brown discharge, I can still feel her ligaments but her udder is noticeable tighter and her back end dropped down, should I expect babies tonight?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2 days later, her ligaments have been gone now since yesterday morning her udder is even bigger and can put fingers around tail head white mucous passing small amounts today how much longer should I wait before checking dilation??? Help

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Is her udder tight and shiny?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is firm and seems full to me it just seems she has been in this stage for days with no progression, maybe I am being inpatient will try to upload pic

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
If she follows the normal progression her udder will get so tight it will shine and look wet. Her discharge will get profuse and stringy right before she kids. If she is acting normally, wait with her. It is SO hard to wait when you are inexperienced and dealing with the unknown. I "waited" with my first kidding for over a month, every day thinking that she was ready. Sigh. Your doe will be uncomfortable but if she is not pushing, grinding her teeth, totally off feed or having some other indicator that she is in distress, I would just watch her a while longer. Would you like to post pictures so we can get a better idea of how she is? That might help.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you mimi very helpful I can't upload photos for some reason so changed my profile pic to one of her today. She is acting happy eating lots urinating lots so I will just be patient. She has been licking her back sides a lot too

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Good idea! It is a small picture but looks like she has a nice udder going. I don't see much in the way of discharge so I wouldn't be afraid to wait her out a bit, especially if she seems happy.:)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Mimi covered it all! Your doe looks to be close enough with udder growth that she likely won't make you wait more than a week :)
I have a couple seasoned mama's here that I know that once I see their udders grow to a cantalope size (I raise Nigerians) it's usually within 2-3 days that they deliver :)

My very first delivery here was with my beloved pygmy doe Dolly, I knew she was ready when her udder was very tight but the clincher was when she came to me, grabbed my pants leg with her mouth and pulled me to her stall! She laid down and proceeded to deliver twin doelings :) Changes in personalities are a very good indication of impending delivery

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mimi covered it all! Your doe looks to be close enough with udder growth that she likely won't make you wait more than a week :)
I have a couple seasoned mama's here that I know that once I see their udders grow to a cantalope size (I raise Nigerians) it's usually within 2-3 days that they deliver :)

My very first delivery here was with my beloved pygmy doe Dolly, I knew she was ready when her udder was very tight but the clincher was when she came to me, grabbed my pants leg with her mouth and pulled me to her stall! She laid down and proceeded to deliver twin doelings :) Changes in personalities are a very good indication of impending delivery
image-2105109712.jpg

Hoping we get some kids today

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Getting closer! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts