The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started Molly from Fiasco Farms herbal wormer about 7 weeks ago and just got a fecal done by my local vet. It was 75 dollars for 5 horses and 3 goats. First, is that an average price? Second are there any labs I can send these things into myself? Or blood work?

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Yeah, that price sounds about right. By its definition fecals are done from manure, they cannot be done with blood work. As far as labs go, I don't know. I'm sure if it's possible, another member will chime in and let you know. Bear in mind that sending fecals off to a lab is going to delay results by at least a week to 10 days, thereby delaying accurate treatment and possibly compromising the sample resulting in inaccurate results. The vet gives you an answer that day, usually, so correct treatment can start that day. Just a little something to think about.

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
I ditto what goat crazy said...my vet charges $12 a fecal test..so $75 is a good deal..lol...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I knew it couldn't be done by blood work haha I just didn't know if there are labs that do that too.

I know it wouldn't be possible to try to get tests in a pinch like that, but I was hoping to check on them kind of frequently. Meh this may not be as good of in idea as it sounded in my head. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts