The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Yes that looks like maybe the placenta coming. Don't pull it. Just let her deliver it at her pace

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 195285 View attachment 195287

Is what's coming out of her a sign of something?
how long has it been since the buckling? and is she contracting? You would see the placenta unless she ate it - which mine never do. She looks to me like she has another kid in there and her lady parts look still very swollen. Hope there is no problem arising and that it is really just one & all is fine. Goats never cease to surprise me.

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
A placenta start off like this pic. You will see white ligament type strips.. im trying tobget a good look at your pic and I dont see these. Almost looks like discharge after placenta is dropped...
20200319_113216.jpg

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Kick around the hay and dirt to see if you find it..it will be like a blob.

Wendy asked a great question. Is she contracting or pushing?

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Good. Keep a good eye on her...if anything seems off call your vet asap.

·
8,071 Posts
If you do not have iodine, trim just the tip of the umbilical cord ( don't make it too short) with scissors dipped in rubbing alcohol. Then carefully dip the cord in alcohol. If the baby is a boy, don't get alcohol on his little boy part.
The alcohol will dry the cord and prevent germs from traveling up it into the belly.

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Hows mama doing? Caring for baby? Eating and drinking, peeing and pooping berries? Relaxed and chews her cud? Tail looks relaxed. Did you find a placenta? Hows baby doing?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hows mama doing? Caring for baby? Eating and drinking, peeing and pooping berries? Relaxed and chews her cud? Tail looks relaxed. Did you find a placenta? Hows baby doing?
She is caring for baby; and she's eating. I haven't seen her drink any water though. Her poop is clumpy and she's peeing. To me she's acting a bit off. Maybe kinda sluggish or slow? I don't know.
IMG_3684.jpg
IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3687.jpg
IMG_3688.jpg

The way her face and ears look doesn't seem right to me. Is it just me or could something be wrong?

21 - 40 of 93 Posts