The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
I agree she looks slumpy..like she doesn't feel well. What was her temp? 101.5- 103-5 is normal range. Did you try bouncing mom?

Definitely give b complex.

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
Temp is lower end of normal. I would keep a close eye on that.
Unless you feel comfortable going in and checking for another kid..I would call your vet to come take a look at her. Need to make sure there is no stuck kid.

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
She is a doll. She may just be sore from kidding. I would just want to be sure she's 100% before we relax too much. Let's give her the b- complex and some probiotics for the clumpy poop and you may want to deworm her. Do you have dewormer at home? If so..what do you have?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
She is a doll. She may just be sore from kidding. I would just want to be sure she's 100% before we relax too much. Let's give her the b- complex and some probiotics for the clumpy poop and you may want to deworm her. Do you have dewormer at home? If so..what do you have?
I just dewormed her a couple days ago and I already gave her probiotics. Her poop is looking better. I used Safe-guard dewormer for goats.

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
Safeguard is not a great dewormer. Hows her famancha? Maybe grab Equamax horse paste and dose her 3 times the horse dose. So if she is 50# dose her for 150 pounds.

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
Here is a chart...put your thumb on her eye lid and with gentle pressure, push the upper lid over the eye while you roll her lower eye lid out and check the inner most meaty portion.
Make a decision quick as longer its exposed the brighter it becomes. Giving a false read. Also do in good natural light.
unnamed.png

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
Hows mama goat doing today?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts