The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a friend's ewe had twin ram lambs today and rejected them both! The poor mama just lost her older weather lamb and was stressed out and had these two early, their teeth haven't ruptured yet. My friend doesn't live on the property with the sheep so she took the lambs with her to her rental and her landlord said she couldn't have them there so she sold us one and the other to one of her friends. So naturally, they are both in my care now... She didn't know they were premie and didn't give them nearly enough colostrum and the smaller of the two has a weak latch but is eating and loving getting cuddled. The larger of the two is the one I don't "Own" and he was the one she said ate around 5 ounces the smaller of the two only ate 1 ounce for her (She has never bottle-fed anything and was afraid she would kill him) I got him to eat 6 ounces as soon as he got here. Both seem strong enough to live with a little help. The lady for the larger lamb will be here to get him Wednesday but until then he's mine to care for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts