The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our two almost 5 month old ND's were bottle babies. We bought them last month and not too long ago I was thinking they were probably held a lot since they were small and bottle babies so I decided to try an experiment. I sat myself down on the hard floor of my hubby's work area and sure enough the wether came over, pawed my leg, then plopped himself down in my lap and started to chew cud. I have a lap goat! Who knew goats could be lap goats? A newbie like me surely didn't! The doe doesn't do this but will lay down right next to us. Such sweet babies!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have 2 does 3 and 4 months old. Not only do they think they need to be in our lap when we sit down they follow us everywhere. My husband trying to build something, they are right in the middle of it. So cute. :lovey:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I love lap goats! They are so awesome and I love when they cuddle! I have 4 lap goats. A 5 month old buck, a 4 month old doe and two 3 month old does :) They are they best! :lovey:

·
Registered
979 Posts
word of caution though...they never stop being lap goats once they start. I had an 80 lb wether jump in my lap recently...HooFsOuCH!!! (not quite what I said, but you get the idea ;) )

·
Registered
600 Posts
Lol my doeling loves to be held. She will rear up and paw your leg to get your attention. All you really have to do is put your hands behind her elbows(like if you were picking up a puppy) and she jumps in your arms! And if you're sitting down, forget it! Your lap is hers ;) It's really my fault though...she's my first goat kid under 4 months of age, and my first bottle baby, so it's really hard not to baby her :3

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Hi! I have three ND kids. This is Buttercup and she loves my lap.So do the others. Jumps up and lays down. At six weeks there isn't as much room,now!
:lol::lol::lol: OMG, that is toooooo cute! I do have one question, though. What are you going to do when she is a year old and weighs close to 100 lbs?

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: OMG, that is toooooo cute! I do have one question, though. What are you going to do when she is a year old and weighs close to 100 lbs?
Well, I don't know about you, but my NDs never got that big... hardly 70 lbs. :shrug:

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Ahhh, I see. My bad, unless a post says otherwise - and I obviously can't read tonight - I automatically assume the goat in question is a standard sized breed. I'm not sure I would want a 70 lb yearling in my lap, either. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
LOL! I have been wondering that myself! The really bad thing is that my other kid ,how is eight weeks,also wants in my lap. At the same time!
It will be a squishy situation for me. : )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts