Large knot on udder

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by JamieRuth, Jul 24, 2008.

1. JamieRuth

JamieRuth New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Bloomfield, KY
    My nubian doe has a large knot, a little bigger than a golf ball on the back of her udder, actually right below her eustacion (sp?). I don't remember if it came up while she was pregnant or after she kidded. A couple people that we asked said it might be CL. She's never had any problems with abcesses before except a very small one at a vaccination site but it cleared up pretty quick. Could it be a tumor? She has a long udder that is not attached real well, could this have anything to do with it? Her milk looks and tastes great. I would hate to loose the only good milker I have.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you could get a picture of it that would be helpful. As to CL, it would have to be an abcess and not a lump/knot

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My elder doe has a "knot" also just below the escutcheon and she doesn't have a strong rear attachment either, excellent milker and also has great tasting milk, since my girl is the only one of 3 that has this knot I attributed it to her age??? I can't see it but I feel it every milking during wash down. :shrug:

On a side note, I can't feel it easily when she's full only when I've milked her out.