Last Kid of the Year. :)

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by firelight27, Mar 27, 2010.

1. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    *Drum Roll...* Its a ... GIRL! :kidred: Just a single, but it was nice and easy. No assistance, no weak kid, etc. And she is nice and big. Yay! She is pet quality only, but I expected as much out of Misty. Not that any of my goats could be shown if they were show quality. Lol. My buck is registered, but I haven't gotten his papers yet because the lady is really flaky. If only I could get some registered does now. :p

[​IMG]

What color would you call her? She is similar to mom but without the black points on the legs, and the badger face. She has a little orange tinge to her to, it seems.

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very cute -- congrats

color -- beats me

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Very cute. Congratulations! :clap:

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I can't help with the color, but she is beautiful! Congrats! :stars:

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS!! :stars:

She is a very pretty girl....though I can't name her color either!

Don't be surprised if she indeed developes the dark markings, my little Heidi was just about a solid carmel til she was 2 weeks old, then her "pygmy" dark markings came through.

6. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    :birthday: :cake: Congrats!!!

7. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Congratulations on your pretty little girl!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats ...very cute... :love: :greengrin:

9. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    An update on her color. I need to get new photos. She is super orange now! She had a little orange tinge to her, but now she is more orange than grey. Its very strange. Its like she wants to be a gold/white but the grey or whatever it is is attempting to mask it, etc. Her mom is similar in color, but not as orange with the badger face and the black lower legs and dorsal stripe. I always thought she really wanted to be a buckskin but something was masking it. I'm positive they have no Pygmy in them. I read on a few sites that grey is a color that can be present in NDs though...

Actually, I think her dam is a very pale Sable, or a Light Sable, and this little girl is also a Light Sable. Both mom and baby lack the martingale. Mom has the facial markings/leg markings, and definitely is a white/creamish color with a tan/orange overlay as described on this website under Light Sable. Baby doesn't have noticeable dark markings like mom, but she does have that dark spot on the top of her head.:
    http://members.cox.net/foxcroft/genetics.htm

For instance, her dam is the exact same color as the first photo of this goat, who is described as a Sable. (Top left photo. The rest of the pics of this goat seem to be shaved, and she looks darker. I've never shaved the dam.)
    http://www.helmsteadstables.com/Sarah.htm

What do you guys think? Maybe right? Lol.

10. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    On second thought, maybe they are a Caramel.... I think the descriptions on the colors are mixed up on that genetics site. So confusing. Mom looks just like a bunch of caramel colored/marked goats I'm looking at now.