The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Echo, a Boer something % doeling. Sire is a Reg. Boer; Dam is supposed to be 75% boer. Some pictures are from the summer, the rest are recent. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
She's a bit flat in her design for me...On the side profile she does appear to be very square, long and deep bodied...but flat. I would like some more thickness of muscling throughout the carcass to give a more rounded appearance if we were to analyze the muscle on the bone.

Given that correlates with width...she's really square and stout designed. Lots of natural size and thickness of bone, and depth of heartgirth.

I'd pair her with an extremely well defined/thick muscled boer and see what comes out.

·
Nibbles! Not again...
1,523 Posts
She's a little steep in her rump would like to see her longer and more level on top too. The top line could just be the way she is standing. Neck isn't bad and neither is her width although would like to see her a bit wider. She has a nice brisket. Bone doesn't seem bad. Over all she is a nice little doe to me. :) oh she has decent buns too looks like. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! So is she better then Ginger? I would like to sell one of them...which one is better to keep?
Echo was standing like that because I had tried to move her feet, lol, she hates that!

·
Nibbles! Not again...
1,523 Posts
If it was me I would sell Ginger. I just like her overall look better than Ginger. I think Echo is longer and wider in her hind end. Overall if you pair her with a long and really wide buck I think you would get better kids out of Echo. Just my opinion. :) haha I understand that. Our doe doesn't like her feet touched at all it's a miracle I got her to stand so nicely last time I set her up. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts