Last one married - whew!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by grandmajo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Well, my youngest son got married on July 11th, I can't tell you how glad we are to have it done, lol. Actually, they got married in a civil ceremony back in March, so that he could get his housing allowance all set up and find an apartment for them, while she finished school, so this was a religious ceremony. My hubby performed the ceremony, and they held it outside at a local park.

The army dinked around with his leave papers, finally signing them about 12 hours before he needed to leave to drive home. They originally told him that he'd get 20 days, because they messed up his leave and shorted him 10 days after he got home from Iraq. Well, he got 8 days instead of 20. So, he pulled into our driveway at 4:45am on Thursdayt July 9th, with his "lovely" dog, that was supposed to be a gift for his wife. Beagle, un-nuetered, who proceeds to lift his leg on every one of my table legs, the big tub that I keep the dog food in, and the gate that shuts the dogs in the kitchen. All of this on the kitchen floor that I had just scrubbed on my hands and knees the day before :oops:

Take the dog outside and he marks the trees, runs the fence and ignores the chickens and guineas.........until my back is turned. Spend most of the day, chasing after the dog, and stressing because I have all of the wedding party coming the next day for the rehersal dinner here at our house, and I'm not getting the stuff done that I need to. Finally, in desperation, I find some rope and tie the dog to a tree. I hate tying a dog, but I was about ready to shoot it, so I figured tying was a better option, lol.

His bride became a total Bridezilla, and I felt that she treated her mother really badly. The highlight was when she called her mother a b***h at the reception :veryangry: Had she been my daughter, I probably would have slapped her face right there in front of everyone. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I don't tolerate disrepect very well. She takes one look at the dog, a gift from my son to her, and tells him that she doesn't want it, she doesn't like it, and it is not going back to Colorado with them. :hair:

Weeding is done, they start packing her stuff the next day in preparation for the u-haul trailer that they're picking up on Monday. They pick up the trailer on Monday at 10am, but never start packing it until Monday night, I'm stressing because my son has to be back on base before midnight on Wednesday, and they've got about a 20 hour drive ahead of them. Well, they dally around, finally leaving around 3:00pm on Tuesday. They get on the toll road, and after 2 hours, the truck dies. We get a phone call at 5:30 saying that they're broke down and trying to get a jump. They call back at 7:30, to say that they got a jump, but the truck's not running right, and from the sounds of it, it's not good, motor may be blown. We make arrangements to borrow a pick-up from a friend, so that we can pull the bad truck on our trailer, and use our truck to pull the U-haul. I'm worried about my hubby driving because he was doing a round of chemo with the infusion pump on, and I wondering if he'll be able to stay awake. We leave and get back home around 2am Wednesday morning, my son now has 12 hours to be back on base in Colorado. At 3:30 am I'm finally able to find plane tickets, and at 11:00am we're headed back to Indiana to get them to the airport. Thankfully, their flights all ran on time, and they arrived in Colorado Springs at 10:29pm.

We now have a garage full of the stuff out of the u-haul trailer, and a truck with a blown motor parked out by the garage. Oh, and the truck isn't my son's, he swapped vehicles with one of his buddies back at base. The buddy's dad lived in the town where we got off the toll road, and we were going to take it to his house, but he wasn't home, so we had tow it back.

I think that whatever hair I have left after all that, will probably turn gray by the end of the month!!!!!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    grandmajo ....congrats on the last one getting married...that is wonderful... :)

Man.......... you and your family are sure are going through a tough time .....I pray... that things get better... for all....of you ...... :hug:

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my goodness! If it can go wrong, it will huh!
    That sounds like you could make a movie out of that one!

Glad to hear everything ended up working out in the end. I got stressed out just reading about it! :hair:

4. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Thanks guys, I can laugh about it now, in fact it's pretty funny. I was beginning to think that Murphy was sleeping in our spare bedroom, so he could get to his laws faster!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome......I am glad that you can look back on it now and laugh..... :wink:

Murphy sleeping in your spare room...hilarious..... :ROFL: