The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WORKING LGD: * Please see links at end of the ad for more pictures, information on both Karkachans, the dogs parents, and information on the type of murmur*
Points to look at before reading, these will be brought up in the paragraph below:
-been around goats since >4 weeks
- seen lambs
- baby birds go around him and he doesn't chase or play ( so would do great with poultry )
- would also do well around kids!
-whelped March 30,2014
-Grade 2 physiologic heart murmur
- genetically passed no under laying issues ( aka not a pathologic Meaning caused by disease)
- vet sees no issues but a lean body a couple years shorter life.
-350 ( 300 same or next day) re homing fee to cover bills
-after a certain age i will get him fixed ( I have females here I don't need bred, so fee will go up to cover that if not re homed before)
-YES: he is a pure Karkachan and YES he is registered.

* Note. He comes with a puppy starter pack*

Meet tibor (tee-bor) (the black and white )
A purebred karkachan.
Unfortunately tibor has a Grade II ( soft but heard with a stethoscope) heart murmur . Please Note.
This murmur ended up being geneticaly passed ( our female and male both checked by the vet and came out in perfect shape.) from our females side due to poor breeding with out the breeder telling us. We are FIXING Lydia to prevent poor genetics in the breed.

the vet isn't worried about since we caught it now instead of later. He says the most harm he sees is that he will be a leaner dog, and have a year or two shaved off his life.

He's the first one that showed the best Guardian ship. And even with his condition I'm proud of him and wish I could keep him my self . Usually I re home working puppies for 600. But being that he didn't meet our standards we are rehoming him for 350 ( OR 300 same or next day pick up to cut on food bills. The fee goes toward the vet bills i put into him to make sure he was healthy enough to work at a new home , and all shots ( but rabies, to young) )
This includes registration paper work information, contracts, small bag of food, collar, nylabone ( I try to not give the puppies real bones now since i do not know what they will be working with in the future. As well as I avoid toys that appear in any animal shape of any sorts ), vaccination ( i don't do rabies till at least 6 months of age. and the vet won't do rabies till 4-5 months min), and ours and the vets notes on the dog. As well as contact information to our vet if you would like to ask questions.
I'm located in toledo wa.
Both parents are working, Same with all older siblings I own. He is the last in the litter to need a home.
Born March 30,2014 and is the only male of 4 puppies.

UPDATE: siblings are starting to go home. Until he can find his home he will be working out in the field s with his sire (right now he's working with the goat kids with mommy )

For information on murmurs I was recommended to http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pe...icle/animal-health/heart-murmurs-in-dogs/3912

For information, more pictures, past litters , working dogs, and current dogs please see my blog @
http://wellspringgad.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Contact my via message here
3602169329 via call or text
or via email [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Do you ever have a pup that would be suitable as a farm/companion dog? I have a different situation here. I must find a puppy this fall. I don't have a large pen to have a traditional LGD live with my animals. I live surrounded by forest with a heavy predator load. I (and my Aussie) hike in the woods and browse my goats. After being stalked and then my dog being attacked I've decided to add another dog to our family. Nights he would sleep in the house. Days he would accompany me and Bear doing chores and walking the goats. I do have lots of herding dog experience but none with the LGD breeds. I would love to have your opinion. There is so much conflicting information out there. I have goats,one male dog,neutered. And two Burmese house cats. Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've seen only a couple breeders with people oriented pups for my purpose. Too bad you won't have any. Your babies were really beautiful! I will keep searching. Has to be just the right pup! Thank you for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts