Lazy Afternoon

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by PACE, Aug 1, 2008.

1. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Today after I fed the goats their dinner they settled on top of the rock, as usual. The sun is behind the trees at that time of day, so it is shady and there is a pleasant breeze. It makes for three very happy and comfy goats 8). Pace has that ledge on the rock always, even in the middle of the day in the hot sun, there he sits. Truly the king of the mountain lol. Shanti does not often lay down on the rock, but likes to stand and be the lookout. Sometimes he will cuddle up with Pace, but not often. Melino no longer fits on the front ledge to lie down (not that Pace would allow that, anyway) so he is always on the slant behind the other two. They are such creatures of habbit lol.

I was on the deck, behind a hill, so they didn't spot me at first. Here is part of their pen.

[​IMG]

At first they were oblivious to my presence

[​IMG]

Then Melino spotted me

[​IMG]

Then Pace noticed me, too. Shanti thinks the rock is a good scratching spot.

[​IMG]

Then he sees me as well, but none of them can be bothered much on such a fine, lazy day ;)

[​IMG]

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I always enjoy your pictures of the boys on their rock. Lucky goats.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Those are some sweet pics, thanks for posting them! Love that rock in the goat's yard, that looks like so much fun to play on (or take a nap). :D

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh man, wish I had a big rock like that! What lucky little goaties!

5. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Cute pictures. :) Usually one of my goats spot me and then they all know because the one that spotted me screams. :roll:

6. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It just takes one to look at you and scream :roll: We get a huge stampede right toward us once they spot us!

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, us too. I've learned to either be really quiet, tiptoe around, or just deal w/ the insanity! One thing I particularly hate is when you are trying to get grain into the grain bucket w/ about 12 goats swarming you! Our grain bucket is in a stall in the barn and there is no way to haul a big grain bag w/out someone noticing and "alerting the troops". :D

8. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :ROFL: "alerting the troops" haha, yeah, no kidding!

9. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    They look content! :greengrin:

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    That's a super cool goat hang out!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Your boys always look so content....what mine would do with a hangout like that!