The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My supposed 6 year old is turning white over night like seriously her back turned half white in the last 2 days. Her being the queen hasn't changed; eating, harassing the others, running all the same! Is she ill, deficient in selenium or something? Seriously I'm new and at a loss. Thanks for any insight.

·
Super Moderator
58,241 Posts
Please post a picture. When did you get her? Do you have free choice loose minerals out? When was the last time a fecal was done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I live in the high desert of California we are having 90 degree weather but lots of rain which is uncommon for the goats. I received her in June. Here she is a few weeks ago being the queen. I will get an updated picture as to her color tomorrow morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might have a point she may be getting new hairs. My goats have a mineral block at all times. They chow down on Bermuda Grass twice a day, and grains in the evening. Here she is on the 3rd of August.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,241 Posts
Goats can't get enough minerals from a mineral block. Their tongues are too soft. They need a good loose goat mineral out all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts