The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buck-E had a small log fall on his foot earlier and he is limping around. He will put some weight on it and I don't feel anything broken. Should I be concerned or am I overreacting? What kind of medicine can I use for pain on him (needs to be oral)? Fair starts on Sunday next week and even though he isnt market I dont know what I can use on him because of having to do the Drug Use Notification Form (DUNF) :whatgoat: I hosed his foot down right after it happened like you would a horse

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
if he is putting weght on it, Im sure its just briused...baby aspirin can be used, but if he is not actin glike he is real uncomfortable, I would worry about it...hosing it down is good if it begins to swell...puting him where he can get to food and water with out a long walk would be good, so he can rest his leg. ..

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much baby aspirin? he is about 30 pounds

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
kids canhave 1/4 to 1/2 a baby aspirin...I would go 1/2 at 30#

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks I will pick some up tonight

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
If its not flopping around broken, and its not a bad sprain, he should be walking fine in about a weeks time. No need for meds. You dont want to pain kill a sprain as they are more likely to use it if it doesnt hurt. They need to keep off it for it to heal. And you dont pain kill a break till you have it splinted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts