Lenny's Horns

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by deenak, Aug 24, 2008.

1. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    One of our goats Lenny(nigerian dwarf wether) was disbudded as a baby but they didn't go deep enough and his horns grew and grew. The other goats are all disbudded and I am sick and tired of him being a big meanie to all of the others. What can I do? Is there something I can put on his horns to make them less dangerous? Last night I went out to feed and he got mad at one of the little ones and I thought he was going to impaled him against the barn wall. Help!!!

2. Candy

Candy New Member

I'm sorry I'm not helping matters, but I got this flash of a horned goat with pieces of those things that are used in the pool--noodles?--over his horns, bright green no less-- :ROFL:
    Candy

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I've used those heavy rubber dog bones that are long enough to cover each horn tip with the center still there to prevent anything from going in between the horns...Boots looked odd for a while but it kept her from hurting new goats...I had to drill holes in each end so that her horn tips got covered. Another thing to try would be those big "gumball" type balls..put a hole in them and stick on the horn tips.....or even try using the garden hose, each time he rams someone douse him with cold water.

4. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Thanks for the help. I hate to think of getting rid of him because he is very lovable when he wants to be! I am off to the store for rubber balls and a dog bone. I will see which one works!
    The green noodle would look kind of make hime look like an alien goat and I think Leo (his brother) would try to eat it!!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    have an old hose? cut some pieces and stick on the end of his horns -- long enough to make everything he usualy does to not work.

That or tennis balls.