Let me just express my joy :-] TRAGIC :[ 2nd page update

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by nutmegfarm, Apr 11, 2010.

1. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I recently contacted one of my goat friends, in desperate need of a lamancha milker (my best doe got mastitis in both sides :veryangry: ), and what does she offer me, the 2 yr old doe from her 2006 ADGA reserve national champion :drool: I'm the most excited person ever! I was also asked to go to ADGA nationals as a showman/herdman for her...I love tapping into all of my "you owe me one" circumstances! I bring her home this coming Sunday, and possibly another 2 yr old (she has soo many nice 2 yr olds and can't keep them all) that she used some nice Willow Run semen on (the Tumbleweed didn't turn out so hot) I'm just so excited and needed to share my joy with some fellow goaters :wahoo: Yay!! OK I'm done with my bragging lol

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Let me just express my joy :-]

Well how exciting for you Megan and what a GREAT friend you have there. Can't wait for pictures.

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Yep, pictures! :) You get to go to the nationals...that is so cool!

Sorry about the doe that got mastitis...poor girl...

4. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

Yes I am so excited. I went in 2008, however the Kentucky expo center had the AC cranked up, so we went from 90's to like 65 degrees, so all of my does got chilled and hunchy before the show. I was planning on going this year again, however finances aren't in place lol but I am planning on going in 2011, should be exciting hopefully :)

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Congrats....... :clap: :cool: :stars:

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

:wahoo: Brag away! :cool: Love, love exciting news! Yes, be sure to flood us with pics when she's/they're home.

7. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

Yay!!! That is aweasome! Yeah........I've had some Tumbleweed genetics before.......lets just say they are not here now...... Yes we want to see pictures when you get them home ;-).

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Congratulations, Meagan! That is great news!

9. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

Thank you :) I am pestering everyone at my house about it...and there's still another week :ROFL:

10. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA

thats great!!! I was going to go to ADGA nationals this year but we are still in school up here and it falls during finals week, so i cant go ;-(

Have fun showing and with you new girls sounds like a great deal!

11. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

12. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

@ goatshows...during May, shows start, and I become frightfully "sick" *cough cough* :slapfloor: I do believe it's contagious because my other highschool goaters caught it too...

@ maple hill farm tina-Thank you! I'm soo excited :wahoo:

13. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

I learned that she injured herself (rolled shoulder), it's nothing super major, but still puts a bit of a damper on the whole thing...but she should be good in a few weeks hopefully :pray: It has started to go down according to breeder...

14. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Oh my, wishing a speedy recovery. :pray: Is she going to stay at the breeder's and recover, or will she still be coming?

15. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

I'm deff. taking her, she'll do better, because I put new additions in a holding pen for a few weeks when I first get them, so she'll have time to heal, at the breeders she might get beat up (there's an awful lot of earless things running around lol) so...hopefully everything will go according to plan B lol.

16. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Wonderful! :cool: :leap: :clap:

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

That is awesome!!!!! congrats!!!! i'm a huge fan of willow run lines :)

I *might* be going to the nationals this year, but just to visit, it would be nice to meet the dams of my bucks and their breeders :)

18. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

That's awesome, it really is a lot of fun just visiting!! :leap: 2008, we would show goats for 6 hours, then walk across the parking lot and go to six flags :ROFL: that's a good goat show!

19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

haha sounds awesome! :p if i go i'll have to put you on my list of breeders to look up :)

20. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

I went and picked her up tonight! She is a huge handful :roll: She was dam raised, never shown because of $$ & time issues (like we've all had), and has NEVER stepped foot out of the barn! Oh do I have my work cut out for me...but she did offer me another doe, finished as a brood doe (she's 6), that is just exceptional. I will hopefully get photos up sometime tomorrow of Katana, but here is her pedigree that I'm in love with :love: http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... L001455790 even though this doesn't show the beautiful *'s, +'s, and SGCH's that accompany many of the goats...sorry about the bragging...I'm done for now :D