Let me know if my doe will be okay or not.. I'm concerned.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by myfavgoats, Feb 24, 2008.

1. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Hello. I have one more doe going to kid. I think it is her time. But she seem like she been in labor for two days now. It is more like sluggish labor. I called the vet to come out. He said that her belly is soo TIGHT and cant feel the baby. And he check on her and said that she wasnt dilated. The doe is weak but little bit better after the vet gave her the shots.. The vet gave her lute.

She is sooo WET around her tail. Last nite I saw the LONG clear kinda white mucus. And she is still acts like labor but not strong enuff yet.. Let me know what do u think. Thanks..

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Clear discharge is good, watch for it to turn an amber color. That means babies are close. Did he give her any oxytocin along with the lut? Lut will cause contractions but it will not help her cervix open. if she has a kid across her cervix she may not get any stronger labor. and you may have to manually encourage her cervix to open.
    Hopefully she won't have any problems, but i would call your vet and ask about the oxytocin.
    Keep us posted, it sounds like you are going to have babies soon. I'll be thinking about you.
    beth

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I always thought lute dialated the cervix too, and oxytocin gave them strong contractions.

Just keep and eye on her, she sounds like she's getting close.

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I hope so. I have always heard that you need to use oxytocin with lut when inducing labor because lut itself will not open the cervix. I have never had to use either. We were talking about inducing a doe last year because we were moving and dind't want her kidding in the trailer. Luckily she kidded on time. However the day we did move (five days later) i had another yearling who i had recently bought, that wasn;t suposed to be due until after the fourth of july kid at in the trailer at a gas station....
    beth