The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
1. Had a goat in your house: yep, more than a few times lol.
2. Slept with a goat in your bed: I didn't get but my mom did when we have a sick baby
3. Driven with a stinky buck in your car:
Not yet but I am about to.
4. Spend more $ on your goats than yourself: for sure
5. Have trouble sleeping because you're worrying about them in bad weather: yes, our winters in mn can be really nasty
6. Kiss them on the lips: Yep, the babies get lip kisses lol:p
7. Know more about goat health than your own: not yet but I work in health care
8. Have more than 1 buck for every 5 does: I'll have 2 bucks and 2 does lol.
9. Ran to the barn in the middle of the night because you heard a goat in distress: I have but found out it was the neighbors goat lol
10. Slept in a freezing barn in kidding season: not for kidding season but for foaling season. I haven't really had a kidding season yet

·
Goat Crazy!
6,457 Posts
... How many of y'all (sorry, my southern-ishness showing already) have done most, if not all, of these 10 things listed below?

1. Had a goat in your house: Of coooouuuuurse I've had a goat in my house, who do you think I am?
2. Slept with a goat in your bed: No, I actually haven't. My parents would kill me. :oops: I HAVE snuggled with little goat kids for hours at a time though.
3. Driven with a stinky buck in your car: Yep, waaaaay too many times.

4. Spend more $ on your goats than yourself: Who doesn't?!
5. Have trouble sleeping because you're worrying about them in bad weather: Definitely!
6. Kiss them on the lips: Yep, I kiss them all the time (except usually NOT on the lips)! But during this time of year, I leave the kissing of the bucks to other people. :p
7. Know more about goat health than your own: Yep!
8. Have more than 1 buck for every 5 does: We actually have 6 breeding age does right now, and THREE bucks! 2 are my own and one we are borrowing. I really do need to sell one of my bucks though.
9. Ran to the barn in the middle of the night because you heard a goat in distress: I have gone to the barn in the middle of the night, but just because I was worried about them, not because I heard them. Our barn is too far away from the house for that.
10. Slept in a freezing barn in kidding season: Although not the entire night, a good part of it. I have only been through 2 kidding seasons so far, and all but 2 goats kidded during the day, so I haven't had much of a chance to stay in the barn all night.

View attachment 138517
Hmmmmm.

1. Yes, several times. Usually to show off to someone who is not keen on going out to the barn or to treat a sick/weak kid.

2. No. Unless my stuffed beanie-baby goats count.

3. Absolutely. Several times!

4. Yes! Much to my Parole Officer's chagrin.

5. Of course. Also when they're kidding or when they're sick or when one goat is being bullied or.... I keep telling people that the reason I dye my hair is due to all the grey I have from goat worry!!!

6. I wuv goat kisses!

7. Definitely!!!

8. I wish I could have bucks. But the Parole Officer and the daughters who helps with chores say "No".:(

9. Oh...definitely. See #5.

10. I would totally do this if we had a "real" barn. But we just have a stall. However, last Spring I did sit out in the stall on a stool dozing when Annika was acting off laaaaate at night. The Parole Officer kept coming out to check on me. Good thing I stuck it out because she had a tough delivery!!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
8 out of 10 ain't bad, right? Right?

Reactions: Goat_Scout

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
1. Had a goat in your house: Yep, multiple. I take in unwanted(and sick) babies and since I'm not ever going to put a sick animal with my healthy ones. They live inside and then in the garage. At least until I figure out the problem.
2. Slept with a goat in your bed:
Loads of times. Same as the answer above.
3. Driven by a stinky buck in your car:
At least 5 times (Sorry mom, dad, and sis!)
4. Spend more $ on your goats than yourself: Yep. I think I have used maybe $25 on myself since I got goats.
5. Have trouble sleeping because you're worried about them in bad weather: All the time! I had a barn collapse once and its a constant fear in winter!
6. Kiss them on the lips: Not on the lips, but they all get kisses on their faces. Even my stinky bucks! They taste exactly like how they smell. Yuck!
7. Know more about goat health than your own: I don't think I know anything about my own health.
8. Have more than 1 buck for every 5 does: Yep! I used 3 bucks this year on 7(maybe 8) does.
9. Ran to the barn in the middle of the night because you heard a goat in distress: All the time. I actually sleep with my window open. Even in winter!
10. Slept in a freezing barn in kidding season: Oh yeah. For sure. I think everyone has!! Brrrrrr. And I'm kidding in January/February this year. Yikes!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
1. Had a goat in your house:

Uh yeah, every kidding season.

2. Slept with a goat in your bed: She could not walk nor regulate her
temperature. Then she nearly drowned so I slept with her for
three nights.
IMG_0294.JPG

3. Driven with a stinky buck in your car:
Nope, that's what hubby's truck was for.:truck:

4. Spend more $ on your goats than yourself:

Our feed bill was always bigger than our grocery bill.

5. Have trouble sleeping because you're worried about them in bad weather:

Not too often where we live but a few times.

6. Kiss them on the lips:

Sometimes

7. Know more about goat health than your own:

Definitely!

8. Have more than 1 buck for every 5 does:

A few seasons.

9. Ran to the barn in the middle of the night because you heard a goat in distress:

Nope, I wake the DH and have him go check. But I have pulled all-nighters in the barn.

10. Slept in a freezing barn in kidding season:

As stated; I have pulled all-nighters but I have never slept.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
All except in my bed. That's where I draw a line. Although I'm very proud of myself as I only have two bucks to 18 does and one buck is also leaving soon.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts