Lets play a game ....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Nov 22, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    hehehe!

So now that I am done staring at cha cha's and taking pics. I thought it might be kind of fun to play a little game of lets guess who is pregnant! The reason I can do this, is that I will be drawing blood this weekend to ship off for pregnancy tests. So shall we????

I will list them - some I have seen be bred, others I have not - but they spent a couple days in with the bucks, and some have not visited a buck - but a buckling with NO interest that I have seen gets in with them all the time..... so lets play "who is preggers???"

The person that gets the most correct will win a prize from me!

Here we go -

Ginger -

[​IMG]

Firecracker -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trinity -

[​IMG]

Sherbert -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trisha -

[​IMG]

Blanca -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lola -

[​IMG]

Boots -

[​IMG]

Snow -

[​IMG]

Jewelz -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dora -

[​IMG]

Dobie -

[​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Cool...alright, this is who I think is bred...

Dobie
    Dora
    Jewelz
    Blanca
    Trisha
    Trinity

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh - and because I just realized you can see it - yes, that is blood on Jewelz's head. She broke her horn off that needed to come off becaue it was curling into her head and I had banded it.... but as she was running from me - she gave me a great cha cha pic! LOL!

We burned it and she got lots of lovin'. She is a happy girl again!

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Just guessing but I think these ones are preggy:

Ginger
    Firecracker
    Trinity
    Sherbert
    Blanca
    Snow
    Dora

5. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    ginger no
    firecracker yes
    trinity no
    sherbert yes
    trisha yes
    blanca no
    lola no
    boots no
    snow yes
    jewelz no
    dora no
    dobie no

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    the ones I think are preggo..? :)

Ginger
    Firecracker
    sherbert
    trisha
    Lola
    Dora

7. Martha Moo

Martha Moo New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    My guess:
    These are the ones I think are pregnant.

Trinity
    Trisha
    Jewlez
    Dora
    Dobie

:boy: :girl: :baby:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    These are a yes for me

Firecracker
    Trinity
    Trish
    Blanca
    Boots
    Dobie

These are a maybe
    Sherbert
    Dora
    Lola
    Snow
    Jewelz

The problem is I do believe that some of the maybe's are pregnant but because they arent far enough along in pregnancy it makes the pooch test harder to determin.

9. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ok.... I have NEVER been very good at this.... BUT I am going to give it a try anyways :wink:

These are the ones I think ARE bred!

Firecracker
    Trisha
    Boots
    Snow
    Dora
    Dobie

hehehe..... so how long will it take for the results to come in???? I am anxious to see if I got ANY of them right :ROFL:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well....lets see here, I think:
    Dobi
    Trinity
    Snow
    Blanca
    Are preggy....the others are either not or just too early to tell.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So - I talked with the lab today - and because of the holiday and what not - I will draw the blood on Friday and mail either Friday or Saturday. They will run the bloodwork on Wednesday the 3rd and I will have results on Friday the 5th.

I didn't think about the holiday when i made the post and hubby had to "remind" me that people don't work just for me to have goat pregnancy tests - LOL!

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok - Blood tests were sent yesterday - so I will have results Friday - must have guesses in by Wednesday!!!

13. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oooh, I just sent in Lyla and Claribelle's blood samples last Monday so we should know about the same time!! :) I sure hope they are all pregnant (mine too!)

14. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    This is usually the time someone in my house walks into my computer room. Whew, not this time.

They're used to my looking at goats, but not that end. But, hey, I've been called "obsessed" before.

:scratch: I can't guess, I have very little idea just what pregnant goat behinds are supposed to look like.

Anna

15. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I figured I should get in my guesses now. . . . all these goat butts are making me head spin. ;) I'm not so good at guessing unless I know whether they have kidded before or not. But will try. . . .

I think all of them look bred except maybe Boots, Lola, and Jewelz. Not so sure on them. . . .

16. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    ok
    i have to ask
    how much does this testing cost?
    and
    WHY?

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    It's $7.50 each test. I paid $4.80 for shipping, so $19.80 for me to test. My aunt pulled the blood as a trade for me doing four-generation pedigrees of all her goats on her website.

I did it because I want to know for sure and my does are teasing me right now. I only sent in blood for two does, Lyla and Claribelle, none of the goats on the farm. Since they are at home, I don't have a buck handy to breed them should they cycle again, so I just want to know for sure. :)

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The reason that I tested was because I bred a few to a buck that is going to be casterated this week and sent to a pet home. I wanted to know for sure who he bred. He was an easy buck to catch and take on the hootchie walk -

BUT, Blue is not that easy to catch. The girls broke through the fence on Monday and so Blue was in with them for a bit. But I know exactly which ones Joe might have bred - on the exception of 3 (they were penned a couple times - but never saw the act).

And since I have paid reservations - I want to make sure they took. Also, I am a little freaked out - because a couple that I am curious if they are pregnant have not been around a buck - so I am a bit confused. Stranger things have happened. There is a 4 month old buckling in with them that shows NO signs of wanting to breed - but cha cha's are showing something else - LOL!

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Less then 4 days - and I will have prego test results!!! WOO HOO!!! :cool: :cool:

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison I'll betcha that Turner was practicing while you were thinking he's such a baby! Sneaky lil' guys are just too cute!