Let's See them Does!!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by AlaskaBoers, Oct 23, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Okay, same as 'lets see them bucks!!' but for does :) I'll get mine up soon....

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Okay

RHR Moose ST Calypso 88% Boer Doeling born on valentines day :love:
    [attachment=0:3v3yjtk0]katrinas 033.jpg[/attachment:3v3yjtk0]

hmm, that's all i could find :scratch: i guess I'll have to take pics tomorrow, BTW i got two Nigerian does, a purebred Nubian and a full blood Boer recently ( don't really know why i just didn't get the Boer- but i was in a situation) so i could use help on their conformation- because i know nothing about dairy.

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    well i put up three of my does.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i like twists color, i like the goldens. great does!

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Here are 3 of my does as well.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    faith is purrty

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes faith also caught my eye right away.

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

this is my nicest junior doe form this year. though she looks dippy in the chine it was the fact that she wasnt cooraperating for her photo shoot. she levels out quite nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is one of my yearling does that now belongs to sue (cybil on the board here) She is one of my favorites that i have bred.
    [​IMG]
    this is my nicest sr. doe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Juju is just an all around nice doe i live her length of body her long neck and pretty head. She has an excellent rear udder and nice sized easy to milk teats. She is standing on great feet and legs as well. She is the dam to the lavender colored jr. doe as well.
    beth

9. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    Apple Yard's Bambi
    herd queen
    [​IMG]
    Apple Yard's Tillie
    i think she is pg and will pop by end of year :oops:
    [​IMG]
    Green Gables CB Twinkle Lil Star
    [​IMG]
    the above 3 will be bred this year
    the following 2 will not be bred
    Heavenly Haven's Angelic Angels Wing
    [​IMG]
    Whispering Pines Ivy
    [​IMG]

10. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    The Boyd's AnaBella
    will be bred
    [​IMG]
    The Boyd's AnaStasia
    Bella's sister and will be bred also
    [​IMG]
    all of the above goats are mini nubians
    the following is a standard nubian and will not be bred
    Seigneur Farms Remember Me
    don't have a good pic of her - sorry
    [​IMG]

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I have WAY to many does to boor you all with so i will just do the ones that took the awards this year at the shows.
    This is Monica. She took Grand Champion at the Estes Park Wool Market out to 372 goats. She also placed first in her class at the Colorado State Fair and was going for the Grand Cahampion.
    [​IMG]
    Hope she took the reserve at the Estes Park Wool market. She placed second at the Colorado State Fair in her class behind Monica.
    [​IMG]

Here is Lillie Anne. She placed first in her class at Estes Park out of 39 does.
    [​IMG]
    Here is another one that placed second to Lillie Anne.
    [​IMG]

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Here are some more.
    Penny Lane was the Grand Champion at our county fair, Second at the State Fair and the Wool Market. She has placed Grand Champion every year in one show or another for 4 years now.
    [​IMG]

Precious was Reserve to Penny Lane at the County Fair.
    [​IMG]

Here is Topaz, as you have seen on my posts. Grand Champion at the Colorado State Fair.
    [​IMG]
    Daisie Mae her daughter placed third at the State Fair, out of 42 does. She is Topaz's baby.
    [​IMG]

I have to post one of these. My daughter and Sophie have won Showmanship and the Over all for years. I tell everyone it is 50/50. It is by no means all my daughter. it is Sophie. She just LOVES being in the show rings.

OH Sophie also places third at the Colorado State Fair, out of 19 does. She was the oldest doe in there. I was really happy because she is still really holding on to beautiful Cashmere for that age.
    [​IMG]

OK, I will not go any more. I have 13 does.

13. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    :( I do not have a Doe yet

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks guys, your too sweet! :greengrin:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Sparks, look at the udder on your senior doe (i dont know much about udders) but it is very impressive.

Hevanly Haven, love the pic of AnaStaisia- look a that face!

Very impressive show wins sweetgoats, i didnt know that you could show in halters.

16. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I've really got to get my pictures organized..... they're scattered all over the hard drive. Dolly, the most beautiful doe I have isn't pictures, neither is Hope - my newest doe.

17. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    crap........ I'd help if I uploaded the pics...... sorry

Attached Files:

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks we were really pleased this year. I know Angora can either show in a halter, collar or not at all. We can show in halters or just collars, but we pick the halters. More control if they need it.

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    These are the best pics I have of some of our best does. . . . we have several that are "favorites" and all are unique and have their good points and points we'd like to improve.

Camanna AL Sarai - very nice doe who produces beautiful kids that are as good and better than herself! Can't wait to see her daughter's udder next year!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sugar Pine RHB Sunset Splash (lots of Goodwood behind this girl!) Sunset is probably my favorite, she is sooooo sweet and has super conformation too!!
    [​IMG]

I'll attach Claribelle's pics. She is probably my favorite of our almost yearling does. ;) She has very nice conformation and awesome milking lines, grand-daughter to Tiger I and I LOVE her dam! Claribelle could be improved on a couple areas but I have no doubt Royal Blue will help out on those things! :D

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I won't post all of my does, just the ones I think are the best :D

Lost Spring Caramel
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She appraised EX 90 this year, she's a lovely doe, so dairy and she walks so beautifully. She's got great feet and legs too. I'd like to see more heigh to her rear udder, but other than that its very nice. She peaked at 10lbs of milk this year. I'd love to have a girl one of these days from her :hair:

J-Haven's Raven Beauty
    [​IMG]
    Raven excells in general appearance and dairy character. Due to some health issues which we have resolved she does not milk very well, but she has Top Ten animals back in her lines. She was not appraised this year due to being out of condition. I cannot wait to get a daughter from her, she really knows how to pass on the good traits. Here is her yearling daughter Rush, who appraised 85 and was 18th place yearling milker at this year's Nationals.
    http://www.stevepopephotography.com/web ... eID=184119
    http://www.stevepopephotography.com/web ... eID=184110

Lost Spring SS Tuscon
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Awesome doe, appraised VG 89 this year, could have gone 90 if she wasn't underweight. She kidded with quads this year and peaked at 14lbs of milk. She's an easy doe to milk, she's sssssoooooo dairy and she's an overall really nice doe. We have two daughters from her which we are very happy with.

Sandy Lane CSF Gertrude(she's stretching for the side pic b/c she wouldn't let me set her up)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As a milking yearling, Gertie is a HUGE doe, the appraiser could not get over how big Gertie is for only a yearling. She appraised VG 88 this year. She is probably the most stylish doe we have, she's really long, dairy and very upstanding. She peaked at 4 lbs of milk this year, I'm hoping for more this coming freshening.

and the Obers

GCH Singing-Spruce WHK Symphony 9*M AI Elite Dam(yes she has a really long title :D)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Left pic is Symphony as a dry 4 year old, right pic is her as a 2nd freshening two year old.
    Symphony did not settle to an AI last year at her previous owners so she came to us dry. She appraised EX 90 as a dry doe! She is huge for an Oberhasli, very tall, very long, I just love her. I cannot say what her rear udder looks like full because I've never seen it. Her dam appraised EX 91EEEE so I cannot wait to see what Symphony's appraisal score will be next year.

Singing-Spruce SEQ Sophia
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Sophie is Symphony's granddaughter(don't they look alike?) she's much more dairy than her grandma and she's a very stylish little doe. She will be dry for '09 but I can't wait to see how she's going to look. She appraised VVV, overall V.