Lets talk Bucks

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by sweetgoats, Jan 9, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Those are all great.
    I just love seeing everyone boys. I mean if it wasn't for them we would not be looking foeward to all those babies. :wink:

2. eliya

eliya New Member

Here is one of my first bucks. I just sold him this winter, but I have at least one doe due with his kids.

Charlie at 1 year old:
    [​IMG]

Charlie this past summer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is one of my Echo Hill's boys, Jasper. I just love this guy! His kids have been awesome and he is SOOOO sweet! We have lots of does bred to him this year.

Jasper as a baby
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 months old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This past summer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Grant, another buck from Echo Hill's. He is also a sweetheart and loves people. We have several does bred to him ( I hope! :) )

3 months old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last summer:
    [​IMG]

And last but not least... Here is our newest buck, Star. We have several does bred to him as well.

As a baby:
    [​IMG]

Last spring:
    [​IMG]

This fall:
    [​IMG]

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Boy there are some handsome bucks on here! I love the series of pics eliya!

4. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks! I love all these boys - they are all so nice! Charlie, Jasper and Star have all thrown beautiful kids and I can hardly wait for their babies this year. This will be Grant's first year and if he and his pedigree are any indication... They should be awesome kids as well.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    wow - everyone has such wonderful bucks! I can not wait till spring when i can shave everyone down and see their true confirmation.

Then hopefully I can get some good pics of my two boys.

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ok, Here are my boys!!!

This is Toby! We will see the first babies from Toby next month!! I am sssooo... excited (if you couldn' t tell :cool: ).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is Brownie! He is a Brown Agouti!! We will see the first babies from him in May-June of this year (I can't wait!!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Here is my boy Corduroy...he was bred to my Kiko doe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Omaha...he was bred to a fullblood blue eyed myotonic doe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    Eliya, what is up with your first bucks horns?

9. eliya

eliya New Member

LOL. Well, believe it or not they are scurs. :oops: He was the first kid disbudded by the people we bought him from and they hadn't learned how to get them well enough. He was really good with his horns though and never used them on people. The other goats sure learned who was boss though!

10. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    Hahah they're sorta cute though.

11. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    It looks like a ram shield....so they don't bloody their face when they butt things

12. eliya

eliya New Member

Oh yes, the mask... I kind of forgot it was even there! You get so used to seeing it. He was beating up on a couple of the smaller bucks, so we put the face shield on him so they would have more of a chance to get away. :) He could see to the sides but not straight in front, so his butting was easier to evade.

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Brandi I can't wait to see those boys's kids, should be some very cute and handsome little things

14. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks Stacey! I really can't wait!! I have already got one girl put up to kid that is bred to Toby, and then I have got atleast 2-3 more that are bred to him that will be due February-March! The one I have put up right now is Jasmine, my black and white blue-eyed Nigi! I am really hoping that she throws some colorful Blue-Eyed babies :wink:

15. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    :cry: I have no bucks! That makes me sad! We have the perfect spot for 1-2 by our garage, it is away from the does, and part of it is flat for a shelter and part is steep for exercise. I located a really good nubian breeder about 1-2 hours away, so in the spring, who knows. [ :wink: ] lol

16. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    It's so fun looking at everybody's bucks! :D

Here is Shemu'el.

His 'funny' look he gives me when I have the camera, LOL

[​IMG]

Acting goofy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    He is a very nice looking buck! And I just love the little goat in your avatar!!!