The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I need to deworm my children but math isn’t my strong suit...

I have a mixed herd of saanens, myotonics, boers, and Nubians. And they’re all in desperate need of a deworming, however the only dewormer I could get at my current location is LevaMed (levamisole hydrochloride) Soluble Pig Dewormer. From my understanding this is the same chemical as Prohibit, but I’m unsure of the proper dosage for goats. It’s 18.15 grams of powder that you add 500ml of water too.

Thanks for any help! Hope you are all having a wonderful December!

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use it same as prohibit, it's the same thing. I do 2.7ml/25lbs per this link

There are other doseages that say 2cc per 50lb but it has worked much better for me at the above doseage from Cornell.
The little bottle that has powder for pig water? If so then perfect! Thank you for your quick response!

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,390 Posts
Hello everyone! I need to deworm my children but math isn't my strong suit...

I have a mixed herd of saanens, myotonics, boers, and Nubians. And they're all in desperate need of a deworming, however the only dewormer I could get at my current location is LevaMed (levamisole hydrochloride) Soluble Pig Dewormer. From my understanding this is the same chemical as Prohibit, but I'm unsure of the proper dosage for goats. It's 18.15 grams of powder that you add 500ml of water too.

Thanks for any help! Hope you are all having a wonderful December!
If you live in West Virginia as your account says, there must be some other dewormers available to you. Maybe Cydectin, Quest horse gel? Do you not have any tractor supply stores?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you live in West Virginia as your account says, there must be some other dewormers available to you. Maybe Cydectin, Quest horse gel? Do you not have any tractor supply stores?
We do. But other than ivermectin and cydectin, neither of which will work for half of my animals as they come from resistant herds, the only thing is the LevaMed. Which sucks but hopefully we'll be moving to a better location that has more options soon.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I agree with @NigerianDwarfOwner707. Trying a natural dewormer wouldn't be a bad idea at all if you're able to do it.

I've seen so many farms recently show strong resistance to Prohibit. Prohibit is really the last big gun we have. At this rate, natural dewormers will be our only option anyways once all chemical dewormers stop working.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,390 Posts
Here is my natural deworming regimen. I can say, with confidence, that it works. This method shows good results in fecal egg count reductions. It recently brought a friend’s numbers down from 6,000EPG to 800EPG in a day. I highly recommend that everyone gets started on herbal deworming before issues get out of hand. Don’t wait until chemical dewormers stop working, use herbs first and make sure that your chemicals are always a functioning tool in your belt for years to come.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,390 Posts
Here is my natural deworming regimen. I can say, with confidence, that it works. This method shows good results in fecal egg count reductions. It recently brought a friend's numbers down from 6,000EPG to 800EPG in a day. I highly recommend that everyone gets started on herbal deworming before issues get out of hand. Don't wait until chemical dewormers stop working, use herbs first and make sure that your chemicals are always a functioning tool in your belt for years to come.
Gosh I am so sorry I just now see that my link didn't attach.

https://thegivinggoat.home.blog/201...ive-natural-deworming-regimen-how-to-and-why/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts