Levamisole Hydrochloride

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sixshooterfarm, Mar 24, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
  2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Six Shooter, I personally have never heard of it. What I would do if you really would like to try it is take the info to your vet and see what they think. They would be the ones to know if it would even work in your area.
    Let us know what he/she says. Maybe you have discovered the new best dewormer ever. :shrug:

3. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    6shooter, I have used it. It comes in a packet of powder that you mix into a gallon of water and then dose 1oz per 50 lbs, there is 128oz in a gallon so it goes pretty far. It is an older class of wormer that got less effective due to resistance because of it's popularity. When the ivermectin class of wormer came out, it became hugely popular. Now it is losing it's effectiveness due to resistance. Levamisole has become more effective as it has fallen out of use and therefor there is currently not much resistance to it. It is also effective on lung worms and external parasites. It is important to rotate wormer classes to decrease resistance. D

4. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Awsome, I think I will order it and see what happens. I want to go through my entire herd and worm everyone and then worm again in a couple of days, what is it 10 days. I just want to get everyone up to date!

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I've never used it but my literature on it said that you need to be careful to dose based on the proper weight- not to over dose. Then it also said that it is OK for pregnant does but not to use milk.

6. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok so pretty much ok for bred does, but dont drink the milk from a doe that just took this stuff. SOunds ok to me! I will order it this coming friday when we get paid.

7. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    rgdab was right on. We have used it, and as enjoytheride said, you must dose according to weight, 1.5 times the recomended dose so you do not overdose. It is not like Cydectin where you can overdose with no issues.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    effective for lung worms --- now thats something I am interested in.

great info guys

9. swalker

swalker New Member

Sep 23, 2013
    Where do you usually order?

10. AVgoats

AVgoats New Member

Feb 1, 2014
    I am fixing to use this wormer....can you tell me if I have this right. I measured out 1 oz of water and then drawed it into a sryringe it came up to 30 cc ...is that correct?

11. lottsagoats

lottsagoats Junior Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Middle Maine
    I use it. It tastes really bad so I mix it with koolaid powder.

12. AVgoats

AVgoats New Member

Feb 1, 2014
    cAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MUCH TO GIVE THEM?

13. Cebesue

Cebesue New Member

Dec 9, 2013
    1 cc per 10 pounds is what my vet meds pharmacy told me. I use Simpson Pharmacy in OK. Milton Simpson.