The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have decided to sell one of our LGDs because she will not stop chasing our chickens, she is a full great pyr, unfixed, about 10 months old. She is a trained guard dog and would be fine somewhere with only goats (what she guards now) or sheep. She is very sweet with people she knows but barks at strangers, she has done a great job keeping coyotes away.

She is $375, cash and pickup only.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I might also consider a trade for one of the following things. A mini donkey filly, a reg lamancha doe or doeling, or possibly a reg Nubian doe or doeling from good bloodlines.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, also I have a transporter that I use that can take her to pretty much anywhere in the US. If anyone out of state is interested.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reduced to $300 OBO. Need her to go to a good home soon. She is the sweetest girl and can be trained to leave the chickens alone but I just don't have time.

·
4,499 Posts
How is she with other dogs? Lgd's I mean?
I have to keep my Anatolian away from the poultry too...:( I wonder how much transport would Bo to Washington?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is great with other dogs that she knows, she is currently with a young male LGD and was trained by a adult LGD when she was a puppy.

If you introduce them carefully I think she will be fine.

I'm not sure how much transportation would be, I use Ron Keener, here is his email - [email protected]. You can tell him you may be buying a dog from Katherine Nance and he will give you a price.

Just let me know if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it looks like snowy is not cut out to be a guard dog, I caught her chasing some of my young doelings yesterday. So I have decided to sell her as a pet only, or possibly a guard for cattle? She is very sweet and loves getting petted so she would make a great outdoor pet.

She is intact so she can be bred and I think she would be a great mother.

Thanks
Kat

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We really need her to go to a good home so we will take any reasonable offers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reduced to $250 OBO. We met a very good LGD breeder and he have us some very good tips on training her. Since then she has been with our chickens many times and we haven't lost any. But sadly we still need to find her a good home. I might consider a trade for a registered Nubian or lamancha doe from good lines.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump. We had decided to keep snowy. But now we have decided to sell her and our male puppy. We just don't have time for them right now and have to many dogs. They are unrelated an can breed when he is old enough.

$275 each or $450 for both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts