The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, this is Lia's udder. She's 4 weeks fresh, this is after 12 hours. I'm going to try and get another one of the rear shots tomorrow, her medial doesn't look as good in this picture as it really is.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Wow- nice udder!

Great foreudder extension and even 1/3 1/3 1/3- nice capacity!

I cant tell if her udder is uneven due to nursing or if she has a slight twist to the udder from the picture.

Medial looks good- plumb teats placed pretty well. Her udder looks snug,ly attached and fills up her escheution (sp) being picky- I think it could be a bit higher, but not bad at all

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the input......You are correct, she is a bit lopsided from nursing.

Overall, I'm very pleased with her, this is her second freshening. She had a nice compact little udder the first time, that looked like it had lots of potential, and the second freshening was what I had hoped for. Plus she throws some beautiful kids, lots of color and pretty decent conformation too.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Very nice udder!! I really like her foreudder, and every thing else looks great but like ProcterHillFarm she could be a little higher in the rear, but over all Very, Very nice in my opinion!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
There are things i like and things i dislike. She has a very round rear udder attachment, but the attachments need to be furher apart, they are carried kind of high. She definatly needs a higher rear udder, too much space between her vulva nad escutchen. Her teats are a nice shape and size bet are placed kind of far apart. Her medial is awsome. Just where it should be. She has a very nice side profile. Her udder has a very nice globular shape. She carries that 1/3 rule well. Smooth foreudder but i would like to see just a little more extension there.
beth

·
Registered
467 Posts
If that was one of my girls she would be screaming Please Milk Me!! Beautiful girl mine
are a bit lopsided, the milk is great and I'm not showing them so it doesn't really matter for me.
Suellen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts