Lia's udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by grandmajo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Ok guys, this is Lia's udder. She's 4 weeks fresh, this is after 12 hours. I'm going to try and get another one of the rear shots tomorrow, her medial doesn't look as good in this picture as it really is.

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Wow- nice udder!

Great foreudder extension and even 1/3 1/3 1/3- nice capacity!

I cant tell if her udder is uneven due to nursing or if she has a slight twist to the udder from the picture.

Medial looks good- plumb teats placed pretty well. Her udder looks snug,ly attached and fills up her escheution (sp) being picky- I think it could be a bit higher, but not bad at all

3. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Thanks so much for the input......You are correct, she is a bit lopsided from nursing.

Overall, I'm very pleased with her, this is her second freshening. She had a nice compact little udder the first time, that looked like it had lots of potential, and the second freshening was what I had hoped for. Plus she throws some beautiful kids, lots of color and pretty decent conformation too.

4. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Very nice udder!! I really like her foreudder, and every thing else looks great but like ProcterHillFarm she could be a little higher in the rear, but over all Very, Very nice in my opinion!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She's gorgeous! Her medial is good, and I really like how wide her rear attachment is.....2nd time around really did a wonderful job :thumbup:

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

There are things i like and things i dislike. She has a very round rear udder attachment, but the attachments need to be furher apart, they are carried kind of high. She definatly needs a higher rear udder, too much space between her vulva nad escutchen. Her teats are a nice shape and size bet are placed kind of far apart. Her medial is awsome. Just where it should be. She has a very nice side profile. Her udder has a very nice globular shape. She carries that 1/3 rule well. Smooth foreudder but i would like to see just a little more extension there.
    beth

7. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    If that was one of my girls she would be screaming Please Milk Me!! Beautiful girl mine
    are a bit lopsided, the milk is great and I'm not showing them so it doesn't really matter for me.
    Suellen

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    woe... :shocked: nice udder... :thumbup: