The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news!!!! Liberty came in heat this morning! :leap::cool::wahoo::stars: I am SO relieved! Long story short we were thinking she may never breed, and were holding our breath to see if she'd come in heat... She finally did so we are very hopeful!

We decided to take her to a somewhat local breeder and have her bred to a buck named Capriole's Valor (10569471) by TST1 Windy Acres Flash My Cash *EN*. I watched several of his doelings and bucklings win in the show ring time and time again this season and admire them a lot.

Pictures from a couple days ago. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
That should be a great cross! I admire Capriole's goats greatly. Their granddaughter is in the same 4-H group as me so it's fun to see their goats at the fair!

I am so glad for you that Liberty came into heat!!!! :hug:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Hopefully being pregnant will get some of the weight off, too ;) :p Hehe.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Terry and her daughter and granddaughter have awesome goats. It was great to see them do so well at Nationals in 2012! They show at a lot of the shows we go to, and I admire their goats very much!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I am sure the kids out of this cross will be very nice ;) What color is the buck?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. ^ :) She's a favorite.

Valor is as traditional as they come. :) I don't care though. I saw him in person at a show in the spring, but I didn't know who he was until I saw Valor was at that show a few days ago online! So I think I remember which buck he was... :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Very cool. I bet the kids are gunna turn out awesome :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I think they should. :) Here's a picture of my favorite daughter of Valor's. She has 100 points already and is younger than Dandi. This picture was taken at a show in July.
She looks so much like Dandi!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts