The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up our new wethers I got suckered into buying 2 kids, they were so cute. I had never held a kid before and she was squirming like crazy so I didn't think to look for lice, and all the goats looked healthy otherwise. The 2 kids are covered in them:( I don't see any on the mom, but she is an older goat and her fur is rougher, hard to see.

I used DE and there are less for sure today, and lice shells, but lots of nits. I know I need to treat the cycle at least 3 times, but what do you use on kids that young?

Someone said Dawn dish soap, are there other ideas that I should be using? The chemicals seem harsh for those tiny things, and it's a bit chilly here with rain for a bath.

I used coconut oil on my craigslist hens and poultry dust (who also had lice when I got them)

Thanks so much

·
FancyDay Farm
832 Posts
Her are some no chemical options.

Apple Cidar Vinager * rub all over and let the goat dry and do not wash out

Diametacious Earth (food grade)

Lavendar Essential oil * run down back

VetRx + all natural, safe for kids and adults. Use like you would frontline on a dog. Will leave a residue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also found Python dust information, says no age restrictions, might try that to speed things up. Now to catch the wethers sometime to treat them, ha!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts