The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently bought new cashmere goats, as he was leavng my son mentioned that I planned to quarantine them and the seller says"good idea, I have lice issues"....how do I detect lice? how do I tx lice? how do I prevent lice? I've never had lice with goats. Thanks Grace

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Just got some lice/flea duster or powder. I think there's a brand called Python something and it works great. We had a little lice issue with a couple goats and you just dust that on them and it immediately gets rid of the lice. You can get it at a local Bleyel, Big R, Co-Op...etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know how it works with fiber goats but we had this issue last year.. We shaved the goats (Sunshine is lice's natural enemy) and applied DE.. no more lice :)
I don't know what the shaving rules are with Cashmere's :shrug:
But DE works great.. I have also used it on my cats for fleas (we don't shave them.. that would be a nightmare)

Jennah

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Cynergize, Cynergize, Cynergize...

We live by that stuff here, skin issues, flies, lice, and so on. I use it on my dogs and goats. We have had nothing but great results by this product. I am greatful for the breeder that told me about it. And a little bit goes a long way. I am still working on a jug I bought almost two years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts