lice problem

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by rgbdab, Jan 29, 2009.

1. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    One of my bottle babies has a load of lice which I want to treat. He is 1 month old and weighs 20lbs.
    I have ivermectin paste
    or cydectin oral
    which will be most effective for lice and which is safest for young kids?

Interestingly enough, the other bottle kid that is always with him has very few if any.

A bunch of goats have been in the barn due to cold, icy weather so I am going to check all of them later. (

Denise

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you need to get ivermectin injecatable or dust him with Sevin dust (in garden section). Somethign else i tried this year was permectrin II and I put it down their back just like you use frontline on a dog.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    For lice I use Permectrin II. It is safe for prego and young kids. The Perectrin II you can get at a feed store for about 8.00 for an 8oz bottle. Then you take 2.5cc per 1 quart of water. Mix well and then put into a spray bottle (dollar store). Squirt down the midline (spine) of the goatie!

I treat mine 1 x every 4-6 weeks in winter :thumb:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I use the dust from the garden section or the livestock section. Just pour it down their backs and they will shake and get it down the sides. Do not forget to dust the bedding. If they are on the goats they are in the straw or whatever you use. I do all my goats when I see even one lice and then I also do the horses.

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    make sure you do all the goats, not just the one you see 'em on :greengrin: