Life of Pancakes

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Coraxfeather, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I do nto knwo if anyone but me is this crazy about goats but on the other board where I meet Julie and Stacey I had a blog jsut for him.

Pancakes is my first goat. One of the worlds most spoiled goats around in my book. Not all is he a inside pet he is also treated better then I treat my hubby at times.

A little history on him. I got him from a wonderful person you all know as Julie. The day she said that I coudl have the first buckling I cries with tears of happiness. I have worked for a lady that riases goats for a petting zoo and wanted one of my own. I wanted to buy outside of my boss's herd because I wanted soemthign different. I still remember ridden to Julie's house to pick up my little guy and when I saw him with Carmen his mommy I fell in love with him. I could nto smilen for over a month. Those big eyes and his mom call melted my heart.

he has been nothing but a joy to have. Even his tatums. When I am at the barn he follows me aroudn yelling at me when I moved with out taken him with me.

About 4 months ago I almost lost him and I thought it was the end of the world. he is to much of a part of my life. He got his little horns caught in a fence for a whiel I foudn a half dead baby there that use to be a Pani. My heart learched. The world stopped and we did everything to pull him though this ordeal. Becasue of this he now has to be carried aroudn cause he is to improtant and he was sick once.

Spoiled worse then he was ever. Goat candy, blankies in his crate at night, still eattign his speical food twice a day, drinkign gatoraid when he want it, and doggie coats now when it is to cold. One side effect of what happened to him he gets cold very easly. So doggie coats while he is outside int eh barn and it is under 50 dregees. He is comen home for the winter as soon as Petting Zoo season is doen for this year. For some reason Pani has become a highly requested goat.

More to coem in the life of Pani

2. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Well got to my boss's house and I had to try on his costumes. So I ran out to the barn and ot him out of the baby pen. I tired on the skelton costume and it jsut would not fit and it was the same size of the punkin. So I took that off of him and put on the punkin and it was a perfect fit. He looked so cute with it on and seemed so proud about wearing it. I went to take it off of him cause I had to do a few things to it to make it better for him to wear it like. Seperate the hood from the coat part and one thing that dogs do not have. Can you say horns. I bent down to undo the velco and he backed away. I tired again and he did the same thing. So I went to grab him and he bolted away. Took me about 20 minutes to take off his costume. Do you think he liked it?? Maybe. When I findl got it off of him he gave me the direst look and promply went back to the barn yelling at me. ALmost like he was saying that was mine and you took it away mommy so you are mean.

I did what I needed to do to the costume and went back outside to try it on him again. It now was perfectly fitted to him. He ran aroudn the barn shown off his new threads. Make little faces and looking at his refecting in a mirror that I had. Naw the little guy is not stuck on himself at times is he. IT was getting to hot for him to have it on so I reached to take it off and he backed away again. This time he did nto waiste any time and ran out of the barn yelling and almost laughing at me. He ran onto the porch trying to get in the house. He was haven the time of his life again play keep away from me so he could wear this bright punkin outfit all the time. You jsut have to love this guy. I findly got it off of him and put him back in the barn. That took almost a half and hour to do again.

Now what lession I have learned from this. Always when you go to take off Pancakes cotume USE A LEASH HOOKED TO HIS COLLAR. SO much easier the next time I put it on him and go to take it off.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my gosh - I would have loved to watch that one!

Sooooo ...... where are our pictures?

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes, we absolutely must have pictures of him in his Punkin costume! Sounds like you ad some fun with him!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    AWESOME so glad you are going to continue the stories of Pancakes. :love:

6. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Need to resize them for the sight I have done one so here it is. I have a few on the puter and My friend has a phone that can send to emails so there is a lot of pictures I have to send to her.

7. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Well my little boy is grown up. It seems like he dose nto need his mommy like he use too. A little indepentedent streek is comen though. He looks at me when I tell him to come and Maaas at me and gose runnign the other way. Still doing the baby hop a little but I have to laugh at the antics.

Soon he is going to be to big to sit on my lap in the car and truck. He rode for his first time with the other goats and I think he loved it. His mother aka me kept checking on him in the trailer. I think I was the one that was upset. He is outgrown his crate and I have to get him a new one. He no longer wants to sleep in the house he likes being in the barn with all his friends. He is grown up but I seem to know I have to let him but I still wish he was the little guy that could not be 2 feet away from me and the 2 am 4 am 6 am ect...

Soon we will be going back to the nursen home again. The folks there ask for Pancakes by name because he was wonderful and the resdents want him to come back. So need to go and buy pampers for his little butt. He dose nto mind them and his little tail gose up as he prances around the nursen home. It is so cute.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is one of the cutest pictures I think I have ever seen!!!!

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my how adorable!

my goats would look at me like HOW DARE you mom! LOL

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    A weekend of fun.

Pancakes wowed another groups full of kids. He loves to be petted and played with by kids and everyone around him. I have never seen a goat love a petting zoo as much as Pancakes. He roans around letting everyone feed him and pet him and give him a lot of loven.

Well we had a pettign zoo where pancakes had to wear his cotume. They loved the punkin goat. He loves being in that cotume. I tried to take it off of him and he ran down the side walk screamign his head off again like he was sayign no no no no no no my costum mommy you can nto have it. I findly got a hold of him and took it back off.

I am starten to let him grow up a bit. he rode with me to the spot on saturday and then I did something that was harder for me then huim. HE rode in the trailer with the rest of the goats. I am workign at lettign him grow up. He is no longer the litttle goat that I got from Julie he is now the big boy that is starten to becoem the big man.

HE IS GROWN A BEARD. He has a little peace fuzzy there a bit longer hair but it is a beard. A very small beard. *crys* HE IS GROWN UP!!!

Sunday we had a small day off so it was clean up aroudn the barn. I took a 2 hour horse back ride with my boss's daughter Jessi and then we worked aorudn the farm. So i got Pani out and he enjoyed the day ot and about and so did I. We clean and Pan played. Runnign and jumping on everything. As I was helping to clena off the porch he jsut layed int eh sun enjoy ing the last of the sunny heat. I love days liek this. Him being lovey and dovey and back to the cuddle muffen that he use to be.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He surely has a very devoted mommy! That lil' punkin' is just too cute!

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    awwwwwwww.............He is so adorable........... :love: the costume is a super idea. :greengrin:

13. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    That costume is a dog costume I pick up at the local joann fabrics. I had to cut the hood off and make it a hat and cut little holes in it for the horns.

Well all that know me knew I was plannign on weithering my little guy but we got a beautiful batch of female girls. There is one in patcular that I fell in love with and Pancakes is good friends with her. Little Athena. So Pan is not becomen a weither. I am going to be breeding him with a few females that are going to be hand picked by me. I have 5 waiten for him. We are going to breed them to him when the girls are almost 2. He has a year and a half to waite before he breeds with these little ladies. Part of the deal with my boss is that I get the little one from Athena. Athena is a light brown moon spoted african Pgymy. She is tiny and so cute.

14. FancyAppy

FancyAppy New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I agree..

15. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Well he is grown up for shure. The little guy as found out he is a guy and humped my leg. I was in shock looking down seeing what he was going. OMG HE WAS HUMPING MY LEG. I have never had a goat hump my leg. A dog yes but a goat and my PANCAKES *is still in shock*

Wel this weekend i was bussie so i had one upset goat. Doign a lot of stuff around the farm Pan was left to play with the other youngesters. But he got his mommy time and we played on the muddey hill together. Cleaned water bucket and also fead all the other animals with him helping himself to taiste to make sure it was not posioned. He jsut had to make sure all the feed was ok to feed to everyone else.

Well he is gettign fat. The little guy has a rollie pollie bellie on him. He is so cute. I love it when people ask me when my buck is due. I point out the them that he can nto have babies. Kind of hard for him to have a little one since he is a boy. He lost all that weight and is findly getting all back on and then some.

16. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I have been humped by goats before though, a couple of our boys did the deed to me, LOL but there was only particular one that went after me.

17. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Pancakes the allarm goat.

Yesturday while I was washing horses for a job that we where doing I heard Pancakes go off in the barn. SO I stopped what I was doing and went to go and check up on him. We have a pygoria named Donnar that is in the next pen to them. I had just fead the little guys and also the other goats that are in that barn. (We have two barns). Walk in to find Donnar in with the baby goat and a Pancakes screaming his head off because he had gotten into the pen and he was eatting all the baby's food. I had to laugh as I was shooing Donnar back into his pen and then haven to pick Pan up and letting him know it was alright. WoW my boy has a set of lungs on him. I think my ears are still ringing and that happened yesturday morning.

Oh ya the horney toad is no longer humping my leg. He is h.umping all the babies. Inculden the boy babies. I do nto think I am going to have any trouble breeding this little guy

18. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Trick or treating with the Pancakes was interesting. Yes I took my baby boy trick or treating. He loved it, but he got heavey by the end of the road. Yes he coudl not walk that night and screamed when I made him walk on a leash. No one was upset that I had a goat out and about. We have his own little bag and his mommy said trick or treat but peopel loved it and he came hoem with a bag full. I dressed him in his punkin outfit (which is too small for him now) and he smoooshed the people at the doors. Given kisses and cute looks. Some peopel at first thought he was a puppy but how can puppies have horns.

He was ahming it up. Give his cute little maaas and all the other looks of a baby goat can give. Soon he is nto goign to be this cute baby goat. he is growning so fast.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww...he is a well loved boy! Is he still gonna get all that lovin's when he starts into rut? I would imagine that Pancakes would, even though he'll be a sticky stinky lil' boy! :ROFL: