The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HaileyBailey
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FF Lamancha that is 8 weeks into lactation that is giving me a bit over a quart per milking. When I first start milking her bag is nice and tight and I can milk two handed, but after a few minutes, about half way through, she seems empty... but if I lift her bag (tighten the skin) from the back with one hand I can continue to milk for the rest. I have never had one like this before. Anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
30,217 Posts
humm..that is curious,...have you tried messaging her after you are done milking..this will bring down more milk....

·
2,203 Posts
If I can understand what you're saying, you're just massaging and working the bag in another fashion. I prefer to push the milk down and rub all the milk down to the teat. I know when my girls are "bone-dry". I prefer to milk them this way. My friend just milks till she can't get anymore and never touches the bags. When you pull up on the skin, you're basically "wringing out" the rest of the milk from the aveoli in the udder.

·
HaileyBailey
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, when I pull up on the skin with one hand while milking with the other I get a whole lot more milk and it's a pain to milk that way.

Hmmmm.... from what I'm gathering maybe I need to massage it more. That's why I post my odd little things here! Someone always teaches me something new. :)

I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if I have better results. Thanks you the tip you guys!

·
Registered
30,217 Posts
awesome!!!! Good job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts