lig Question

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Jul 28, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ok, i have zephyr, she is a FF and possibly preg. she has had NO ligaments for two weeks, have this happended to you guys before?, her udder is nonexistent, and she isnt a cow, so she prob. has one.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's odd, is she really loose in the rear end? Have you felt her ligs before she was bred/due? When would her due date be? If you've never felt for her ligs before then her's might just be hard to find. I have a doe that is REALLY hard to feel any ligs anytime.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    she is a FF. But otherwise she's usually really tight back there and her ligs are easy to locate.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I personally have not had this happen to me but I know that it can happen as others (RunAround, SweetGumMinis) have had this happen to them

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    so is there a chance she is preggo, or just a loose ligs girl? i'll get some pix.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    anyone else have this problem>?

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dnot know what you are asking. if she usually has prominant ligs when open then she is obviously getting ready to kid in the next couple weeks or even hours depending on when bred.

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i'm just confused! ack! she looks skinny and not even preggo, no udder, but her ligs are soft.. im thinking she's open. oh well..

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hmm interesting. When are you checking = because sometimes after they pee their legs feel looser (but I only know that to be the case with bred does.

Is she a deep doe?

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    she isn't particularly deep, the usbga judge who judged her said she would be when she matured. I do notice that this doe urinates ALOT, like every 15 or 20 minuetes, she drinks ALOT too, she's probably too hot! it got up to 70 degrees today!, ugg im melting. thanks stacey, happey b-day.

but i think im done waiting for her to kid, she can go back to the pasture, along with goat head. i guess they wont have kids this year, but theyll have 'em next year! thanks again

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    peeing a lot is a sign of labor. I would give her another day or so before putting her out to pasture. She may have one small kid

12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i had a yearling FF do it six weeks before she kidded this year, her tail bone was all arched up and everything, there were huge hollow spaces on either side Had a goat friend over and she though she was due in a few days, said nope she still has a little over a month to go. Trill actually kidded four days late. Kids were fine and healthy.
    beth

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    huh .. okay, well i suppose i could give her some more time, thank sparks and stacey!

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I would give her more time. Dawn didn't really have an udder until she started pushing out kids. She also lost her ligs weeks before she had her kids. Hopefully your girl is preggy! :thumb:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    okay, thanks you guys for all of the support

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well, i put them back in their stalls, so i'm going to check on them right now! be back with an update. maybe i'll have some kids.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    nothing...there are sitting out there enjoying hay, and peeing..alot, and i just cleaning the place :roll: i bet you by the end of tommorrow they'll have the place flooded. lol. zephyrs tails seems 'extra' loose though, it looks so wierd, loose; flooping everywhere, side to side. she's keeping very well to the does code of honor.

19. babe817

babe817 Guest

Apr 4, 2008
    argh.. we are in the same boat.. ive been racing down to the goats ..checking on my doe thats due to kid in the nex few days.. as she has all signs.. and nothing... :hair:

i hope yours kid soon for you.

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks, i am looking forward to them kidding, and hope they do go soon, so i can take zephyr to state fair. her ligs are driving me crazy! every time a doe kids i go by ligs, and i can touch my fingers together where her ligs were for two weeks now and counting. crazy doe!