The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This is my second year kidding, and already have one buckling out of it. I'd say that even if it's only my second year, I have a good amount of experience. However, this goat of mine is given me trouble. She is certainly pretty dang pregnant; her udders are pretty full, her vulva is swollen, shes sunken in. But what I can't figure out, is her dang ligaments. I have been checking a ton, and it always seems to change. One day they are super super loose, and the next (like this morning) they are pretty hard. This whole pattern of loose then hard than loose is very confusing. I know that I am checking this right spot, and I know she is definitely pregnant, but I don't know the due date. And my impatience is killing me! Anyways, I was wondering if this happens a lot? To go back and forth like this?
Thanks for any responses boo 1.jpg boo 2.jpg ,
Josie

·
8,163 Posts
Its the "Doe Code"! They love to keep us guessing.
Especially now, when a lot of folks are home!
Do her back legs look "posty"? They will be almost look straight. I don't know the medical reason, but I think the ligs have relaxed so the pelvis can open and let the kid out. It's almost like the ball of the hips have actually come out of the socket. Once you see it, you will recognize what I'm trying to say in a stumbling fashion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts