The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a does ligaments feel tight for the whole pregnancy until the end? Or do they feel different the entire pregnancy compared to a non-bred goat?

·
Registered
502 Posts
It depends. My goats lost their ligaments completely a few months before they had their kids. A non bred goat should feel the same as a bred goat, though, I think. Do you have a goat right now that is confusing you with her ligaments?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a girl who is getting wide and has a small udder but she has had that udder since she had her last baby who is almost a year old. So I can’t really tell if she is pregnant or not. Her ligaments feel normal. The last time she was with a buck was about 3 months ago

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a girl who is getting wide and has a small udder but she has had that udder since she had her last baby who is almost a year old. So I can’t really tell if she is pregnant or not. Her ligaments feel normal. The last time she was with a buck was about 3 months ago
Ahhh... i would have her tested then. It’s really hard to tell when a doe is bred early on.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. Twice she has delivered without me even realizing she was close because she always carried so small with a single baby each time. But the past few weeks she’s getting a little wide lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I posted a pic of her back end could anyone give me their opinion if she looks like she could possibly be bred?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. I’m trying not to get my hopes up but My favorite buckling was with her before I lost him to UC. I’m really hoping she’s carrying his baby. That would just be the most incredible thing

·
Registered
Goats
1,169 Posts
Thank you. I’m trying not to get my hopes up but My favorite buckling was with her before I lost him to UC. I’m really hoping she’s carrying his baby. That would just be the most incredible thing
I hope she is carrying a beautiful doeling for you! I had a buck who saddly passed away that had bred my doe and of course....she had a buck... I wish she would have had a doe that i could have kept...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I think I felt movement?! On her right side lower belly, right before her udder I felt a couple of nudges. A couple days later I felt it again. It’s only in that one spot so I’m hoping it’s a baby I feel. Her ligaments seem like they aren’t hard like they were a few weeks ago. More bendy feeling but definitely still there. Her tail head is a little squishy. Both of her last kiddings she did without me even realizing she was that far along. So I don’t know what her back end feels like right before she kids.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts