The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nanny that this would be her first baby she should be due around October 30. She does not seem to be stressed or have a care in the world however today when she went potty I noticed that along mucusy string came out its hanging there and is about a foot long it has a dark tint to it. She is my first to ever be pregnant ..... ..... not sure if I should be worried or if this is normal she does not have a bag

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
If what your seeing is her plug coming out and your sure about her due date then she is aborting :( can you be off on your dates??? Keep a eye on her there is nothing you can do if she is aborting :(

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
After you see amber... 1.5 hours at the longest in my experience. I had one doe that had amber discharge, then kidded 5 mins later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its been about 4 hours. Her sides are dished a bit and has not been to bed. Just keeps standing then laying ans scratching her sides with her sides

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Sounds close... Is her udder tight, and shiny? Can you pinch any skin on her udder?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
How are her ligs on the tail? Any contractions? Her back will likely arch up or get tense during contractions. Pawing at the ground, laying down then getting up to paw again as well as light noises to her belly are all good signs of labor. Just watch her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She was up and down all night. .. nothing has happened. She has been very vocal and seems irritated with the cats if they come near

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It seems as if her but has fallen away. Kinda sunk in on the hip and keeps her tail up laid on her back.

·
Super Moderator
58,871 Posts
You may need to go in and check that there isn't a malpositioned kid. If a kid is not in the right position, she won't push.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts