Lighted Christmas Parade Redding CA

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Shelly Borg, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Well the Shasta County Dairy and Pack Goat groups banded togther and walked in near frezzing weather in our towns lighted parade. The local Pack Goat club also walked (member of both) We had over 20 kids and there goats all lit up and walking. It was lots of fun even if the goats where sure we all lost our minds. The 4-H group took 1st place in there division and the pack goat club took 2nd!!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Must of been beautiful... :greengrin: .....even though it was so very cold....great job...to all ...that with stood that.... :hug: :thumb: :thumbup: :greengrin:

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Sounds neat! :thumb:

4. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Areas other than Northern Calif get cold??? Its 21°F right now and I need to throw a couple more flakes of hay so the girls stay warm tonight.

5. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Our town is having a light parade on Saturday. They were complaining in the paper only 37 entries have signed up so far and they had 81 last year. They have an award for animal entries judged by the local vet.
    Think it is the cold keeping people from going it. We are having a real cold spell....got down to 12 degrees last night.
    We have a really cute wooden goat wagon I would like to walk a goat in the parade pulling that with some kids riding someday. I had a boer wether who used to pull it but we lost him to urinary callculi last Winter. The only big goat we have now is a Lamancha doe but she has never pulled the wagon before. Trying to decide if I should give her a crash course and brave the cold for Saturday. It is supposed to warm up a few degrees and snow lightly that night.

~Shannon