The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has a "white/clear goo string" hanging down now, probably 2 1/2 inches long. Her udder has filled tremendously this a.m. She is hollering, but not pushing, laying down, or nesting. She's usually a quiet goat, but when she hears movement she will holler (sp) at me. I am soooooo excited! I'd say in probably 4 hours we'll have kids!! She's a FF so hoping all goes well, wish me luck and hope for blue eyed :girl: :girl: ! Here's a pic of momma...
UPDATE: Still no pushing or nesting...it'll probably be this evening...come on Sophie! Oh, and here's a pic of the buck she's bred to...not the greatest pic I might ad!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Re: Ligs are gone, udder's filled, and kids are coming!!!

It's so nice to have a fellow breeder so close....and to be able to swap bloodlines is a great thing to do when it comes to herd management!! Only 3 that I know of "close" to me are 25-40 miles away and 2 of them have the lines that mine came from :cry: Anyhow....hope to see BE girls soon!!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

kelebek said:
Kylee -

Who is she bred to? She is absolutely gorgeous!
Hey Allison,

Unfortunately she's not bred to a reg. buck. She's bred to Bubba, he's a really nice little guy. The lady I got him from said he could be reg., but when I inquired about doing that, she wanted $60 + 2 breeding to her goats and this lady isn't very reliable and I don't trust her to much so I just thought it wasn't worth it, this is the only breeding from him I wanted reg, she is nice though!

These kids aren't reg., but this winter we'll be breeding her to CTC Farm Spud or Camanna WO Whiteout Blizzard, either will throw color and great bloodlines so i'm really excited!

Maybe next spring we could do a trade?!?!? Blue eyed reg. for blue eyed reg??? That would be awesome! This upcoming spring we'll have tons of reg. kids avail. so that would be great! Our herd name on them too!!! Yippee! When are you planning on breeding your does back for 09...I think it'll be nov. or dec. for us.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I was just about to go get udder shots, unfortunately as i'm out the door my camera died...it'll have to re charge now, darn it! I'll try and get some in a little bit!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts

You know Kylee - I am honestly thinking of not having registered for a while - so I think I may still be interested in an unregistered Blue eyed! Especially from this girl!

Let me know what she has and maybe we can work something out :) I am pretty flexible!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts

Forgot to answer your question about rebreeding - I have to work out some "details" in my herd first and figure out which way I am going and then I will decide who and when I am breeding. The market for registered is crashing so I am not sure if I will wait and breed for next summer or for spring - we will see!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Wow really? I thought you were growing into registered! You know what, I don't even think it matters if they're registered or not. Around here i've been getting $100 for unreg. wethers pygmy or nigi. I've been getting about $200 for unreg. doelings believe it or not and I haven't been selling bucklings except for 2, each went for $150. Everyone is just wanting a pet or 2 for the kids or grandkids. I've had a couple that are interested in reg. only, but the majority don't care if it's reg. or purebred. They just like the convenient size!
I'll definately let you know what we get here today, hopefully a :girl: !

Have to share this w/ you Allison, about a month or 2 ago, I had someone leave a guestbook message. It said...why am I breeding all these unreg. goats and they just went on and on, trying to lecture me about crossing a pygmy w/ a nigis and oh gosh, you're flooding the market, and blah blah blah. They said how they breed only reg. nigerians and are having a hard time selling because the market is flooded. It was probably 3 paragraphs long...Of course they left their name as Anonymous, but they never thought it would be so easy to track their ip addy, now I know who left that message, won't put names on the line, but good Lord, yep, i'm just flooding the market so the reg. goat people can't sell. Oh man, I only had 12 kids this year that I bred. Geeeesh :roll: Another funny thing about it was that they're clear down arond the Portland area so i'm pretty sure my sales don't affect theirs!!

Just had to share that w/ you...thought it was funny! :greengrin:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts

That is pretty messed up for someone to do. People sometimes become oblivious to the technology age (my daughter for one - LOL!)

I had 7 babies born in Spring - all unregistered all sold by the time they were 2 days old. My little one that was just born was sold within 2 days of putting her up for sale - but I have a wait list for registered, unregistered, bottle babies, and lambs.

I have found though that I am making WAY more off of my Blackbelly sheep then my goats - but I am getting more people wanting "meat/dairy" goats to become self sufficient around here.

I will be on my cell starting in about 2 hours - so PLEASE call me as soon as she delivers. We have to go to a Wedding reception / camp out for friends of ours (which we are supposed to be there in 45 minutes and I am still doing homework and havenot even showered or milked yet - LOL!) But it is an all night thing.

Talk to you soon. I will be on for another hour or so!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

That's a shame that someone would post that on your open guestbook. I feel everyone has a right to raise what they want to. I mean unregistered is no less worthy than registered. There's markets for all. If you have good enough animals you won't have trouble selling.

Hope you get some doelings soon!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

What a beautiful doe! :drool: What color do you call that? I like the buck too. That's so stupid that someone would say that on your guestbook though! :veryangry:

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

UPDATE! Laying down and pacing (sp?) come on girl!

Sweet Gum Minis: It really is a shame that someone would stoop that low. I mean come on, if you have a problem at least cowboy up and send me an email instead of posting on my guestbook as Anonymous! :roll: I thought it was kinda funny for them to think they are so high and mighty w/ their REGISTERED nigerians and can't sell, but here I have some unreg. kids selling for good money within a day or two. Really is sad to see those kind of people in the world. Oh well...I'm happy w/ who I am and what i've accomplished w/ my goats, no one can take that away from me.

Crissa: We really don't know what color this is...real unusual though! On her papers me and the breeder decided on chocolate w/ gold markings. Don't know how we got that color cause she's out of a regular dark buckskin w/ white dam and a black w/ minimal white sire...so ???

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

She looks like an extended chocolate buckskin to me for sure. Definitely that cape can regress in time or stay as a full blanket.

Yes pretty pitiful. The market is down a bit right now but what's really eating up sales is the amount of herd reductions going on. Everyone seems to have something for sale. So go figure. I figure that if they don't sell its not the end of the world. They can always be bred again or even stay open a year and I'll just breed those I really want kids from for myself. :)

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Well she kidded w/ a GORGEOUS black and white blue eyed doe!! :leap: :girl: :leap: Just what I wanted!! Sophie had a little trouble though, I had to go in and pull just a little on contractions. It was a pretty big girl and a smaller sized doe so she didn't quite fit out the end! But she's doing great! Unfortunately Sophie doesn't really want to touch and seems kinda nervous of her, but she did let her nurse, I had to hold Sophie because she didn't really know what the baby was doing. She's calling to the little one and grunting at her w/ her tongue hanging out, but she just isn't sure what to do. We might have to bottle feed this little baby, but i'm really hoping Sophie can figure it out. Time will tell...Anyone have this happen before w/ a FF and what was the outcome??

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: Ligs are gone, udder's filled, and KIDS ARE HERE!!!

Congratulations!!!! I just work with them and make sure the kid nurses. Never had one truly refuse in the long run here.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yep, momma won't let her nurse now, won't lick her, and doesn't really have a clue. We decided to bottle feed. The baby already got lots of colostrum and i milked mom out so she can get some more colostrum later, but boy this baby is big, doing great and just sweet as can be! i will get pics on here soon!!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts

Can't wait for pics. Sorry mom wouldn't take her. Maybe she just needs some more time? I know Miracle was a bit confused when I put her kid in front of her and she didn't really want it. So I put a bunch of baby goo on her nose and she was like... Mmmm Goo! Then she started going to town cleaning her kids off.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts