The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
Goats, Sheep, Rabbits, Cow, Dogs, Cats, Fish, Quail, Turkeys, Deer and hopefully soon to be ducks
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay I have tried my best to NOT make this post ... I told myself, wait til their three months along... But guys and gals, I've FOUGHT myself to wait this long😂... I can't take it any longer LOL! Okay. Y'all know I made a post about breeding season (Was titled something like "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!... It's here!"), If you've seen it you'll know that my girls were all bred. This is Oaks n Goats Nov/Dec 2022 kidding thread! SO excited for this crop of kids! I was gonna get blood tests done but haven't yet. I've gotten a pregnancy test done on Tansy as she didn't settle her first time and she came back positive this time. Yay! So she's for sure bred. Anywho, I'll post each doe and who their bred to, and their kidding history, breed, etc etc. You'll see Lol!

I have been kicking myself in the butt about not getting them blood tested. So, I had been talking to my friend Rachel and she told me about these amazing pregnancy pee strip tests for goats sheep, and deer! She used it on her herd of 9+ goats last year and all test results were accurate. So, I ordered 5 of them and used one on Tansy. I'm gonna use the other 4 soon.. whenever I have time to stop and collect pee lol... It's harder than you'd imagine. Anyyywhooooooo!

First up is the lucky guys of this breeding season! One of these bucks I no longer own (Bo) and one is for sale (Bambi, if he doesn't sell by the time the first kids are on the ground he'll be put in the freezer.) Each of my bucks bred two girls each. I do have two does (Tansy and Goldie) who were bred to two different bucks of my friends. I'll also post them.

First up is Gizmo. Unreg Nigie
Plant Eye Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal

Next up is Bambi. Unreg Nigie (tiny, TINY bit of Pygmy in him)
Goat Plant Goat-antelope Grass Fawn

Next up is Bo, who I no longer have (yes he has waddles). Unreg Nigie
Goat Mammal Goat-antelope Grass Terrestrial animal

Last buck of mine is Vinny! Registered mini Nubian.
Plant Working animal Goat Grass Fawn

This is my friends bucks-

Felix. Registered Nigie
Plant Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

Photobomb. Registered Nigie
Plant Grass Terrestrial animal Goat Snout

Will continue this in another post below-

·
Registered
Goats, Sheep, Rabbits, Cow, Dogs, Cats, Fish, Quail, Turkeys, Deer and hopefully soon to be ducks
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
On to the dodo birds! Aka, the does Lol.

I'll be going in order of who is bred to who. Like, I'll posting who's bred to Gizmo first. Then onto Bambi, then Bo, etc etc. Without further ado, the dodo birds at their finest! They will be getting Copper hopefully this or next week.

Spinky- Pygerian. bred to Gizmo. This is her FF, she was a twin. Due Nov 20th
Grass Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Macropodidae

Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Plant Groundcover

Sparrow -Pygerian. Bred to Gizmo. This is her 3rd kidding, first time had a single buckling and second a single doeling. Thinking a single again. She gets HUGE either know she only has had one.. we shall see lol. Shes a triplet. Due Nov 21st
Vertebrate Toy Grass Fawn Working animal

Eye Plant Goat Fawn Terrestrial animal

Daisy -Pygerian. Bred to Bambi. This is her FF and she is a twin. Due Nov 22nd
Goat Working animal Grass Terrestrial animal Grassland

Human body Mammal Grass Fawn Liver

Oakley- unreg Nigie. Bred to Bambi. This is her FF and she is a triplet. Due Nov 22nd
Dog breed Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Tail

Vertebrate Mammal Grass Working animal Terrestrial animal

Will continue in next post!

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Betsy - my homebred Unreg mini Saanen. Bred to Bo. This is her FF and she's a twin. Due Nov 22nd
Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Dog breed Tail

Plant Goat Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal

Scarlett- unreg Nigie. Bred to Bo. This is her 3rd kidding. First was twins, but she miscarried. Second kidding was twins again. She is a twin. Due Nov 29th
Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Livestock Goats

Plant Working animal Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal

Cupcake- unreg Boobian (Nubian Boer). Bred to Vinny. This is cupcakes third kidding. First was a single little boy, second was another little boy but she miscarried and lost him. Shes a twin. Due Nov 23rd. I need to brush her lol
Fawn Deer Grassland Grass Terrestrial animal

Plant Alpaca Goat Liver Llama

Maggie (Magnolia)- registered mini Nubian. Bred to Vinny. This is her FF and she's I think a twin.. can't remember. Have to look at her registration lol.. Due Dec 15th
Bird Beak Organism Ducks, geese and swans Waterfowl

Dog breed Plant Fence Fawn Goat

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last two are the girls who are bred to outside bucks.

Tansy- reg Nigie. Bred to Felix. This is her 3rd kidding. First was three bucklings and second was three bucks and a doeling. Again, I'd have to look on her registration to know if she's a twin or whatever lol.. Due Nov 22nd. Not good belly pix of her
Plant Goat Fence Grass Sheep

Plant Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Groundcover

Last is Goldie! She's a registered Nigie. Bred to Photobomb. She's had 7 kiddings. Pretty sure it was 3 sets of trips and 4 sets of quads... I'd have to look to know if she had siblings. Due Dec 10th

Dog Mammal Dog breed Grass Fawn

Penguin Beak Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't wait to see all those does start popping! Extra treats to those with easy kiddings! You're going to be sleeping in the barn for a while.
I've thought about just bringing them up into a 32x32 pen we have in our back yard when they start to kid so I won't have to go allll the way to the goat pen JUST to check ligs..

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like you are about to be even busier in the coming months! I can't imagine managing all those does! You are going to have so many cute kids running around! 😃
I old my dad I wished half of them weren't bred... Lol

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
6,950 Posts
I old my dad I wished half of them weren't bred... Lol
I'd be laughing if I didn't know how swamped in responsibility you actually are. 😬 I'm wishing you the easiest smoothest kidding season ever! 🙏

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd be laughing if I didn't know how swamped in responsibility you actually are. 😬 I'm wishing you the easiest smoothest kidding season ever! 🙏
Yeah.. Hopefully things will have calmed down when kidding season starts... Because then I'll have to be up 24/7 bottle feeding no telling how many babies. And they'll be in the house lol.... No sleep over "BAHHHHHHHHH"

1 - 20 of 143 Posts