The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
We’ve been dealing with a buck who is showing increasing signs of aggression. Last night we were trying to finish some fence repairs. He wouldn’t stop trying to head butt us through the fence, so my husband’s friend flipped him. In the process he scratched his leg and bled a tiny bit for less than 10 minutes. That stopped, and he was walking and standing fine. This morning, he is limping on that same leg. I feel so bad. He will put pressure on it to jump in and out of his favorite spots, but keeps it elevated when he is standing. What can I do for pain? I’m not convinced it’s broken, but I will take him to the vet if necessary.

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
Is the leg swollen and or hot to the touch? Are you able to push and move it with out pain reaction? What did it get cut on? If he's not up to date on tetanus then I would do a tetanus antitoxin shot as a precaution especially if the wound is deep.
Banamine does help with pain but I prefer to allow the uncomfortableness as long as not severe of course. If it is uncomfortable then he less likely to do more to hurt it. Since your not positive there is not a break..you don't want him to over so things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.