The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a goat that came back from the pasture limping she has a little heat down near the bottom of her leg and I don't know what to do! Please help me she really isn't doing great.

·
Super Moderator
58,404 Posts
I would give her a shot of Banamine. Have you thoroughly looked over her leg and foot to make sure she has no cuts or anything?

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I have looked over her unless she can get a cut in her hoof. Banamine? Where can you get that and we are going out of town for 4 days so I can't do much right now about shots. Is there anything that will work that I might have on hand?

·
Super Moderator
58,404 Posts
You can give aspirin (specifically aspirin, not tylenol or ibuprofen). Banamine is from the vet. You would have to get that from the vet.

You aren't that far from me (about 30 minutes, I go to Animal Station). If you drive and want to come over, I can give you a shot of Banamine.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's the problem I would but we are leaving today.Aspirin I now see that we really have nothing! we have other pain medicines. Would any vitamins help. Is it pretty urgent.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
ok, do you have any vet wrap? If so, wrap the lower portion of her leg from the knee down and try to get the top part of the hoof. Not too tight that it cuts off circulation. If there is no cut, scrape, thorn or other identifiable injury, she may have just sprained it. I just had this happen with mine. She is a boer and weighs 170 pounds. I gave her three 325 mg aspirin twice daily crushed in her feed for four days and checked the leg for swelling. keep and eye on the vet wrap so she isn't eating it and for tightness.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O.K. If I don't have vet wrap is there anything else I can use?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I don't know of much of anything else besides the aspirin. Do you have aspirin? I wasn't sure from your prior post...

Are you able to go get vet wrap, or even to a drugstore and get the human version of vet wrap? It will be narrower, so you may need more htan one roll.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts