The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has any insight. Yesterday my 3 yr old wether started limping & not putting pressure on his RF leg at all. He was diagnosed with a soft tissue injury in may & has been on meloxicam daily while healing. ( before that diagnosis he was treated for selenium deficiency & cae tested negative). Since May, he has been "stiff" in mornings & had a shifty gait. He seemed to be getting better this past 2 weeks then yesterday this happened, I'm not sure if he was rammed by another goat- his brother does this often. Is it possible there really is a deficiency going on here or a coincidence that he re-injured something that was already sore?
famacha good, fecals performed 3 times in past 2 months- low count. eating & drinking normally, little slow eating today. Not as interested in food or water.
I appreciate any help!!

·
Super Moderator
32,265 Posts
How do his hooves look? Any swelling in the knees ect?
What's his temp?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do his hooves look? Any swelling in the knees ect?
What's his temp?
Hooves are good ( not by my judgement but two diff vets, so hopefully they really are) no heat on any joints or hooves, I don't believe the joint that is injured is swollen, but he wont straighten the leg at all. He doesn't like when I touch the joint. My husband just took his temp an hour ago and it was 100.5, hopefully my thermometer is working. I will recheck as soon as I get home from work. What do you think it could be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hooves are good ( not by my judgement but two diff vets, so hopefully they really are) no heat on any joints or hooves, I don't believe the joint that is injured is swollen, but he wont straighten the leg at all. He doesn't like when I touch the joint. My husband just took his temp an hour ago and it was 100.5, hopefully my thermometer is working. I will recheck as soon as I get home from work. What do you think it could be?

·
Super Moderator
32,265 Posts
He may have injured it. Temp is a tad low, normal being 101.5-103.5 range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts