The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I have some question about LA and I bet some of your guys who have done it before will be willing to help me out!

So, so far I've only done shows through ADGA but I think linear appraisal sounds like a really great idea.

I live in Washington state and I don't have the best place to host linear appraisal and I don't have a lot of does. A little confused about how the whole thing works for signing up...etc. :confused: I can do it at someone else's farm, correct? When do I need to sign up by? Can I get a bunch of people and have it at one central location? Is there anyone around my area (NW washington) that would be interested in hosting it? Would that be more cost effective? Its usually in the spring right? Do you guys think its worth it to do young stock LA as well or should I just do my senior does and first fresheners? I only have a couple does that would be in milk in the spring. What have your experiences with linear appraisal been like in the past?

I don't even know is those are the right questions to ask....

Thanks so much for your help!!!! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
59,726 Posts
I would just call ADGA to find out about hosting an LA or getting a bunch of farms together at one location and how all that works.

I think it is worth it to do younger stock so you have an idea of what you are working with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts