Linear apraisal

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sparks879, Jul 7, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

So i got to go to my first LA last monday, i didnt do my goats this year, was going to but we got so busy i just didnt have time. However i went to a friend of mines farm to watch hers get done. The apraiser was great, betty has had goats for over thirty years. I learned tons, she was a wealth of information. We had lots to talk about, thins we liked and didnt like about vertain goats, what makes a good udder and a good goat. One of the more interesting topics was the MSL, and how long it is. the length is what determines where the udder will set. I knew some about all of this but she went more into depth about it.
    beth

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I'm trying to get up the nerve to have a LA here. But, like you things are so weird this year. I'd love to see one though. How interesting! When will your friend get the "results"?

3. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
  4. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
  5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    For linear appraisals, do the does have to be in milk and "uddered up"? Can they be appraised as dry? Also, do they have to be show-clipped? Just curious. I would like to get our herd LA'd next year but not quite sure on all the details. . . .

6. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007