The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
D95D51AE-A834-4108-99D9-C4100A208AC6.jpeg
I cannot find dosing for a goat anywhere for this? My Crickie needs some and our son is bringin it home on his way home today. I got cmpk not thinking about the pg. oye! Was talkin to a friend this mornin and she reminded me about the cmpk burning. Went to two stores close to us this mornin and no luck. But ordered it for pickup this afternoon. Woohoo. But now i cannot find the dosing info on it.

Before the herbalists chime in on carrot and celery juice.... i looked at three different groceries we have here last week and none had any of those. I have not been to Cary lately or i would have tried trader joes, whole foods or fresh market... as i am sure they would have it. But cary is an hour away.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A good emergency calcium are Tums antacids, or the calcium gummies at Walmart. (tums you can soak in some water and squirt in mouth). But cmpk etc. works faster.
She has been getting more alfalfa hay the last month and i give two calcium gummies twice a day for the last three weeks too. Even before that the only pellet she got was alfalfa pellet. She had a long hard delivery and is hangin on to her placenta still. It has almost been 24 hours. So i think it time for the liquid now.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Calcuim Gluconate10%
5-15 mg. Sq..1 time only can cause scar tissue.
5mg for small does.
10 mg medum
15mg large does

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Before the herbalists chime in on carrot and celery juice.... i looked at three different groceries we have here last week and none had any of those
Just wanted to let everyone know that you don't need to buy this already juiced. I prefer fresh juiced..I take 2 each carrot and celery and put through my juicer. (Our rabbits loved the pulp.) If you don't have a juicer..blending in a good blender with some water to a nice moosh then strain the pulp or if they like it can have with pulp..

Reactions: MellonFriend

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that you don't need to buy this already juiced. I prefer fresh juiced..I take 2 each carrot and celery and put through my juicer. (Our rabbits loved the pulp.) If you don't have a juicer..blending in a good blender with some water to a nice moosh then strain the pulp or if they like it can have with pulp..
Thanks. I may try it in the blender.

·
Registered
794 Posts
30 ml. 2x day is what I'm remembering, too. I think I may have gotten that from Onion Creek Ranch? Can't remember for sure. I am thinking that the oral calcium can be caustic on their throats, too, though not as bad as pg...you might try drenching it in molasses or something.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you tried cayenne?
30 ml. 2x day is what I'm remembering, too. I think I may have gotten that from Onion Creek Ranch? Can't remember for sure. I am thinking that the oral calcium can be caustic on their throats, too, though not as bad as pg...you might try drenching it in molasses or something.
The one that i got has glucose already in it. It is not supposed to burn their throats. ;).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts